Anybody watching Hulu's "The Act"?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
The girl got out of prison today.

I vaugley remember hearing about the story when it broke. I didn't know there were so many dramatizations about the story. This seems like the best one so I'll check it out.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I saw an interesting documentary on it years ago.

The mother was one evil bytch.

I remember The Sixth Sense had one scene dealing with Munchausen by Proxy.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just finished the series and it was very well put together. Joey King and Patricia Arquette both delivered great performances.

The casting was great as well. Chloë Sevigny was properly casted as a blue collar working mother tired of her kids shyt. The guy that played Nick did a great job as well. I didn't even know AnnaSophia Pawg was in this show. I was surprised at the some of the guest appearances. Dean Norris (Hank from Breaking Bad) was great for the short time he was on the show. I didn't expect to see Rhea Seehorn (Kim Wexler from Better Caul Saul) to show up. Juliette Lewis of course did a good job of playing the mother of a barely getting by household that I'm sure smells terrible.

I don't know how much of the story is real or not but after watching the show I feel bad for Nick. I think dude lived in fantasy and his brain didn't function enough to escape it. I think Gypsy's mom made her leave in fantasy but her brain/body was doing everything trying to escape.

The first time I heard about Munchausen I was watching a special on MTV about Eminem and his mom when Cleaning out My Closet came out.