Anyone an Electrician?

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Know any good online classes and what I need to get into?

find someone to take you under their wing. Sadly, a lot of brothers wont find a person to do it because more older electricians are white....Anyway, if you do find them, youll be a apprentice...after that you work your way up the ladder.

Ive been a electrician for 17 years.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
o yea dont go to school for it breh...complete waste of time....no need its all about experience.... where do you live?

depending on the state you have to have so many hours working under another electrician, then you graduate into a journeyman

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
o yea dont go to school for it breh...complete waste of time....no need its all about experience.... where do you live?

depending on the state you have to have so many hours working under another electrician, then you graduate into a journeyman
I think that this is somewhat of a lie. You can learn through experience but also keep in mind furthering your education makes you just as valuable and maluable than somebody with just experience .
Also white ppl are workable you just gotta be ready to work and dedicated. And able to be rewired. No pun intended .

Union carpenter apprentice, i just got a call from Turner construction for my 2nd union gig, told em im already employed but dude respected it and told em call me back when im finished and they should have work for me .Right now im rennovating a building for it to be a chinese museum. Turner has 2 big projects right now that will last for a while .nikkas must really be booming :pachaha:

Also yall can learn online but you gotta step away from the pcs to get that knowledge .This is hands on work

Balla

Superstar
Daps
So you're an electrician and a carpenters union hit you up?

How's that work? Are the skills transferable?

I was going to do carpentry, but I want to do electrician as well. I'm undecided on which one I want to start out with for sure.

How much math is there for an electrician?

I think that this is somewhat of a lie. You can learn through experience but also keep in mind furthering your education makes you just as valuable and maluable than somebody with just experience .
Also white ppl are workable you just gotta be ready to work and dedicated. And able to be rewired. No pun intended .

Union carpenter apprentice, i just got a call from Turner construction for my 2nd union gig, told em im already employed but dude respected it and told em call me back when im finished and they should have work for me .Right now im rennovating a building for it to be a chinese museum. Turner has 2 big projects right now that will last for a while .nikkas must really be booming :pachaha:

Also yall can learn online but you gotta step away from the pcs to get that knowledge .This is hands on work

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was going to do carpentry, but I want to do electrician as well. I'm undecided on which one I want to start out with for sure.

Lol. Boy yall.. Naw you gonna have to choose . As a carpenter youll learn about electricity most likely somewhere down the line .Thats what I notice .As an electrician I don't ever see them however knowing how to do carpentry .

Im a carpenters apprentice .Im in the carpenters union. Not the electricians. I'm not sure. You gotta ask the dude above us? From what i understand as a carpenter theres math too... It just depends on what your role is.

I was always taught a carpenter is the baddest thang on the jobsite. Its hardwork . well go to both of your local unions and check em out .This kinda work you gotta be in the field to really understand it.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go to trade school + Get an apprenticeship

Ignore that person who said you don't need school.
:mjgrin: nikka I been doing this for 17 years. Ignore me right:mjlol:

Like I said, it's a waste of time. And the math is basic Algebra

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I don't even think I would consider a trade if I had to go to school and then do an apprenticeship after. Don't you go to school during an apprenticeship? Like 3 days out of the week or some shyt?

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean yeah. You aren't offering dude an apprenticeship. And you aren't offering some top secret valuable knowledge or putting money in his pocket. You're just putting limitations on him and discouraging him by saying most electricians are white and racist. But dont go to school, where he can journey out and have a brotherhood backing him. So yeah nikka, fukk ya :ld:

@Balla its called IBEW.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean yeah. You aren't offering dude an apprenticeship. And you aren't offering some top secret valuable knowledge or putting money in his pocket. You're just putting limitations on him and discouraging him by saying most electricians are white and racist. But dont go to school, where he can journey out and have a brotherhood backing him. So yeah nikka, fukk ya :ld:

@Balla its called IBEW.

I asked the dude where he lived for a reason. But you got it breh. Obviously I have no idea what im talking about :hubie:

Poh SIti Dawn

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I asked the dude where he lived for a reason. But you got it breh. Obviously I have no idea what im talking about :hubie:
No one said that. You just dont know everything papi. Shed some light on your career and act like a seasoned vet instead of the yout dem. Sure dude has no idea where electricians start at as far as their day and blueprint readings go and ish. Hell wed all like to know so