Anyone else having second thoughts on To Pimp A Butterfly's Greatness?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Sunzoo called it an art rap project at the time and that's probably how I look at it now. I still think it's an amazing achievement and was needed in the rap game but that shyt damn near unlistenable to me now. Not cause it's wack, far from it. Just cause its not really an album you can use in ya daily life. It was probably one of the best first listened to albums I evr heard and I don't regret the love I showed it then and still now.

Still great to see Alright become the anthem it became despite that horrible horn in the back ground. I think the horn sections were better utilised on Dres Compton.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Kendrick's discography won't age well. The further we get away from his releases, the more people will realize that all his big moments were only big because he, his machine, and the media said so. I rarely even hear or see GKMC mentioned any more.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
An album "you can use in ya daily life?" :jbhmm:

fukk does that even mean :mindblown::skip:
No "bump in the whip" factor
Kendrick's discography won't age well. The further we get away from his releases, the more people will realize that all his big moments were only big because he, his machine, and the media said so. I rarely even hear or see GKMC mentioned any more.
GKMC is mentioned often enough here as the album Kendrick was supposed to make again

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never thought it was a great album and I still feel the same, don't think it's wack, it's ok but just decent to me not amazing.