Anyone else studying a Master's or PhD while working?

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
shyt is tough, brehs :mjcry:I'm working 40hrs + and doing a Master's in Economics part time. It'll take me 4 years. Each unit is 10hrs' work of work, and I'm doing 2 :mjcry:

Anyone else doing something similar and wanna come commiserate with ya boy? :lupe:

It'll be worth it, though. Black excellence comes at a high price :whew:
Hang in there :mjcry:
I just finished my masters and I have 3 jobs :damn: it was skressful, time consuming, frustrating and hard work but was def worth it and I'm glad I did it. I did 2 courses a semester and summer classes too, but finished in 1.5 yrs. The courses were reading and writing intensive and I had to conduct research so my social life was put on pause lol. Reaching the finish line will be amazing so keep it up!

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it possible for you to scale back your job, take a different job part time, or do something else financially? What's your job?

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Hang in there :mjcry:
I just finished my masters and I have 3 jobs :damn: it was skressful, time consuming, frustrating and hard work but was def worth it and I'm glad I did it. I did 2 courses a semester and summer classes too, but finished in 1.5 yrs. The courses were reading and writing intensive and I had to conduct research so my social life was put on pause lol. Reaching the finish line will be amazing so keep it up!

Lmao social life going is a foregone conclusion. Especially since I'm not quitting my workouts!

Good to hear these stories, congrats on moving onward and upward

I start grad school in the fall, and I work 40-50 hrs a week. My gf got her master's a few years back and will be here to help me

Bruh that kind of support is beautiful, man. You better cuff that :usure:

It's that hard work man. This is what we're built for :wow:

Is it possible for you to scale back your job, take a different job part time, or do something else financially? What's your job?

Working in finance at the moment. No can do, my job is allowing me to pay for this shyt out of pocket

hatealot

Banned
Daps
What was your undergrad in? I'm currently taking my last Econometrics course and its rough as shyt for me, its a undergrad tho. I know for sure when you start doing advanced micro econ and econometric on the graduate level the math is going to get intense if I'm assuming you are going to a reputable school. Good luck to you and stay focused it won't be easy but then again I don't know your math background.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
shyt is tough, brehs :mjcry:I'm working 40hrs + and doing a Master's in Economics part time. It'll take me 4 years. Each unit is 10hrs' work of work, and I'm doing 2 :mjcry:

Anyone else doing something similar and wanna come commiserate with ya boy? :lupe:

It'll be worth it, though. Black excellence comes at a high price :whew:
You still on here?