Anyone elses parents or older relatives do this....

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My father, as he gets older, prefaces almost everything with "If it be the Lord's Will..."

He's always said it to a degree, but now it's everything.

"Lord's will, if I feel good enough in the morning, I want to go...."

"Next week, Lords will, I wanna try to go get......"

"Lords will, if I wake up in the morning..."

"If I get up in the morning, Lord's will......."

And it always sounds so desperate & helpless when they say it....:sad:

I used to be really religious myself, am not anymore. Life is :gladbron::ooh: these days........but I understand & know the entire bible, and I know it says, you should never boast about what ur gonna do in the future, so u should always preface it by saying 'lords will'.

Now i'm just like, what's the point? I don't see the point in being afraid to say what you plan to do with your own life b/c you're afraid you're gonna piss off or offend ur God who seemingly always has something else for you to do whether you want to or not, and that should assume that it's a toss up as to wther or not he even wants you to feel good enough in the morning to do something. :smh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
no it doesnt, but "thanks" for ur genius input.

No, it doesn't?
My father is coming up on retirement, talking about leaving the country, always talking about how long he has to live.

So....
yes, it does.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
No, it doesn't?
My father is coming up on retirement, talking about leaving the country, always talking about how long he has to live.

So....
yes, it does.

No.

Its a natural thing to realize ur not immortal. I do that now and I'm young.

But its another thing to attribute everything to your God down to whether or not he wants u to feel good in the morning. Like, "well I'm sick today....must be the lords will that i dont feel good." Its bad thinking.

There's drug dealers and thieves everyday who wake up feeling great.

concise

Veteran
Daps
No.

Its a natural thing to realize ur not immortal. I do that now and I'm young.

But its another thing to attribute everything to your God down to whether or not he wants u to feel good in the morning. Like, "well I'm sick today....must be the lords will that i dont feel good." Its bad thinking.

There's drug dealers and thieves everyday who wake up feeling great.

It's one thing to know your not immortal.

It's another thing when that creeps up on you and you can't walk like you used to and then start walking with a cane, etc. etc.

Drug dealers and thugs wake up everyday feeling great.
ok....?