Anyone here work with animals?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Being a zookeeper, veterinarian or animal trainer was a dream of mine when I was little. Knew a bunch of kids who wanted to work with animals in some way too.

When I look around at who I know though, seems nobody ended up actually doing that. Makes me wonder what society would look like if our basic needs weren't commodities. If you were guaranteed a bachelor suite, a stipend for food every month, and free medication if you need it. What kind of world would we live in? We would have so many people doing shyt they actually care about rather than taking career paths that pay decently but are soul destroying.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

When I look around at who I know though, seems nobody ended up actually doing that. Makes me wonder what society would look like if our basic needs weren't commodities. If you were guaranteed a bachelor suite, a stipend for food every month, and free medication if you need it. What kind of world would we live in? We would have so many people doing shyt they actually care about rather than taking career paths that pay decently but are soul destroying.
I think we'd have a bunch of people being unproductive, more or less living like the fat people in Wally. No dream chasing, just hotdog grabbing.

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at our world's previous nobility or present day trust fund babies to get a grasp of what I mean. In the past, a dream chaser like Newton or Blaise Pascal were a minority among a bunch of people doing nothing with themselves. In the present day, compare a Conrad Hilton to the trust fund embarrassment that is Paris Hilton. Human beings take the path of least resistance.

Also keep in mind how tedious the training for dream jobs is. You train for a decade to be an astronaut. Think of how much math you have to do to be a game designer. Even with vets, You still have to do a 3yr residency where you are mistreated by your seniors as vet . And that's after 4 yrs of being hazed in vet grad school and 4 yrs of undergrad. When given the option between doing these tedious tasks and lounging in your apartment doing nothing , most people would do nothing

So while I don't think these dream careers would see more participants, I do think you'd have more people engaged in low investment pursuits like art . Think rappers, painters, etc because the barrier to entry isn't as high. Once again think of how many nobles in the past painted or played music or wrote prose(Sir Percy) . Or look at how Paris Hilton became a "dj".

Last edited: