Anyone watching this Korean/Japanese joint Pachinko on appletv

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
IM high watching this trailer wtf they talmin bout :dwillhuh: like what’s this story about they like all ova da place

Last edited:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This show is so well crafted, and the themes of family, poverty, oppression, and the desire to find success/happiness so relatable. Easily my favorite show on TV currently.

It's a shame it's not getting more attention.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I've been slowly watching it and enjoying it a lot. They filmed a lot here in Vancouver.

I like that though it doesn't fall into the bad habits of a lot of K and J dramas and go too melodramatic.

Also the lead actress is gorgeous.

:whoo:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yes, easily one of the best new shows this year. Will be surprised if it doesn't stay in my top 10 list for this year.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I decided to read the book before watching the show and now I'm trying to force myself to watch it.

The book has abrupt cuts/jumps through generations so that should hopefully allow for an easy transition to a tv series.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Yoooooo wtf.

I started this on a plane, I don't ever remember having it on my tablet. And this shyt is ridiculously good.

Usually I can't tolerate shows like this because they are too emotionally manipulative, but this is A+ and authentic.

I don't think I've seen a show that has better acting by lead female characters than this (both Sunja's and her mom). shyt this is some Viola Davis levels of acting.

Phenomenal. Did this get any awards?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This was really good though I didn't like episode seven. That should have been a post-season one-off instead of the second to last episode.

No series should dedicate entire episodes to non-main characters during a season. Make them bonus episodes.