AOC HAS A INTERESTING TAKE ON RAPE

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Ocasio-Cortez never reported her assault, a choice she knows is familiar for many women and one she said she’d make the same way today. “If the vast majority of sexual assaults happen by a familiar person, the last thing you’re going to want to do is throw someone in jail,” she said. “There is an intersection with the work of abolition and healing and contending with the fact that we as people are capable of doing harm, but we are also capable of healing from harm.”
I don’t agree

:francis:

Nevertheless, there was value, she felt, in sharing what she had endured. “It was someone that I was dating that I was not sexually active with, who forced themselves upon me,” she told me. When she later confronted him, the conversation did not go well. “The insistence on a denial of what happened that very, very clearly happened is also a through line with other women’s experiences, friends that I’ve had, or just a pretending that what very clearly happened, did not happen,” she said. “That, too, is also an assertion of power, and so this assertion of power and dominance over others is not limited to the actual physical fact, but how things are treated afterwards.”

Eventually she confided in two of her colleagues at the restaurant and learned that her experience had not been unique. “It was like everyone had been sexually assaulted that I had worked with,” she said.

Ocasio-Cortez never reported her assault, a choice she knows is familiar for many women and one she said she’d make the same way today. “If the vast majority of sexual assaults happen by a familiar person, the last thing you’re going to want to do is throw someone in jail,” she said. “There is an intersection with the work of abolition and healing and contending with the fact that we as people are capable of doing harm, but we are also capable of healing from harm.”

Couple of other interesting quotes to I’ll leave out.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

"Ocasio-Cortez never reported her assault, a choice she knows is familiar for many women and one she said she’d make the same way today"

NOW THIS CLOUT CHASER
OUT HERE PRETENDING TO BE A RAPE VICTIM
UNDER THE GUISE
OF NOT WANTING TO SEE HER IMAGINARY RAPIST GO TO JAIL?

:devil:
:evil:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Ocasio-Cortez told me later that she had carefully weighed her decision to talk more openly about her assault. Since entering public life, her opponents on both the left and right have gleefully dissected her every utterance, hunting for ways to dismiss and ridicule her. She had no expectation the disclosure of her assault would be treated any more kindly or fairly. “One major trauma that a lot of survivors of assault deal with is a struggle with being believed,” she told me, adding, “There are aspects of it that I may never share because of the trauma of having that experience litigated in public.”

Nevertheless, there was value, she felt, in sharing what she had endured. “It was someone that I was dating that I was not sexually active with, who forced themselves upon me,” she told me. When she later confronted him, the conversation did not go well. “The insistence on a denial of what happened that very, very clearly happened is also a through line with other women’s experiences, friends that I’ve had, or just a pretending that what very clearly happened, did not happen,” she said. “That, too, is also an assertion of power, and so this assertion of power and dominance over others is not limited to the actual physical fact, but how things are treated afterwards.”

Eventually she confided in two of her colleagues at the restaurant and learned that her experience had not been unique. “It was like everyone had been sexually assaulted that I had worked with,” she said.

I really don't understand what she's trying to get at by saying she wouldn't report the guy even today. Unless she thinks it was a grey enough area or some shyt? I don't get it at all

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I really don't understand what she's trying to get at by saying she wouldn't report the guy even today. Unless she thinks it was a grey enough area or some shyt? I don't get it at all
I took it as she has still love for dude. If you've been sexually assaulted by a family member or a partner, you might not want to report them even if they hurt you because you somehow care about them enough to not want to jeopardize their life. Seems pretty common

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps

I was shocked as fukk reading that shyt. I read it a couple times to make sure I wasn’t tripping. :why:

How she used the incident to justify her running for officer was wild to

Ocasio-Cortez didn’t register it at the moment, but looking back she realizes that the incident helped propel her into public service. “My sexual assault was a pivotal event in the trajectory that led me to run for office,” she told me. “I can say that in retrospect, but obviously I didn’t know that at the time.”

You would think it would cause her to WANT to change laws. :gucci:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
We going to act like a majority of kids getting molested and raped ain’t uncles, cousin, fathers etc and family very rarely chooses to prosecute. But let’s all act dense lmao. Coli is a funny place detached from reality

We gone act like your uncle raping your son is normal? :dahell:

If I caught my dad touching my kids I’d probably kill him. What you talking about? :gucci:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm not an AOC supporter, but I think people are misunderstanding what she is saying.

I think she is saying "If you are raped by one of your "loved" ones, you may be hesitant to seek punishment for that person"
Well it this case it wasn't a "loved one" but she's saying that there's a difference between being pressed out and knock down dragged rape.