[APPL]Mac Pro updates; redesign coming after 2017.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Apple today introduced spec-bumped versions of the current Mac Pro and revealed that it is working on a "completely rethought" Mac Pro with Apple-branded pro displays that will launch after 2017.

As noted by Daring Fireball, the $2,999 model goes from 4 Xeon CPU cores to 6, and from dual AMD G300 GPUs to dual G500 GPUs. The $3,999 model goes from 6 CPU cores to 8, and from dual D500 GPUs to dual D800 GPUs. There are no other hardware changes, so Thunderbolt 3 ports remain notably lacking.

Apple Updates Mac Pro, Says All-New Model With Apple-Branded Pro Displays Coming Beyond 2017

Will be interested in the revamp. I want that iphone to mac compatibility :ohlawd:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
so are they going to remove any more ports? are there even any left to remove? I aint upgrading until my shyt break.:pacspit: apples design strategies the last 3-5 years

I can see it now, the new keyboardless laptop, you type by making gestures on the touch pad. or some stupid shyt

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The Mac Pro had to be redesigned because many of the Pro consumers are not going to accept a ridiculously expensive piece that you cannot upgrade in any capacity.

The trash can was an overstep by the company, we will see what they come up with next.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Mac Pro had to be redesigned because many of the Pro consumers are not going to accept a ridiculously expensive piece that you cannot upgrade in any capacity.

The trash can was an overstep by the company, we will see what they come up with next.
Which is exactly why I held off. I'm not dropping 3K on a computer that I can't do a single upgrade or repair to outside of ram.
That, and dual graphics cards are a step forward, but the one's these are coming with is a half step and I don't consider them to be "pro" anything.
Dollar for Dollar windows machines blow Apple out of the water once again.