Are Bodyweight Exercises Enough To Build Muscle?

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not trying to argue with gym brehs... but my chest, arms and shoulders have grown significantly and I'm doing a lot of reps of bodyweight exercises currently.

Again, not trying to argue, but wondering what is the science explanation for that?

I know this is late and i may be wrong but my idea is the more reps you do of a specific exercise (with proper form) the closer you get to 100% fatiguing/tearing the muscle which leads to better hypertrophy but not the best for strength

When your lifting heavy it may take say 42% to do each rep so you can get 2 at 84% but theres 16% left thats not being "fatigued" as opposed to you doing 20 or whatever reps and getting to 97% fatigued. its great for building strength and muscle but its probably not the absolute best for hypertrophy unless your super setting or sum shyt

Either way its wayyyy quicker and more efficient to just get in the gym and start lifting weights

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I know this is late and i may be wrong but my idea is the more reps you do of a specific exercise (with proper form) the closer you get to 100% fatiguing/tearing the muscle which leads to better hypertrophy but not the best for strength

When your lifting heavy it may take say 42% to do each rep so you can get 2 at 84% but theres 16% left thats not being "fatigued" as opposed to you doing 20 or whatever reps and getting to 97% fatigued. its great for building strength and muscle but its probably not the absolute best for hypertrophy unless your super setting or sum shyt

Either way its wayyyy quicker and more efficient to just get in the gym and start lifting weights
Muscle fatigue in that way isn't the driver of hypertrophy.