Are Republicans concerned with pragmatism?

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Building a wall and banning Muslims doesn't seem reasonable. Somehow their pie in the sky dreams have become frighteningly real.

Are Dems the only ones trying to work within "the system?" Could a radical progressive mobilize the population like King Dotard?

I'm lowkey salty that everyone wants to argue about some bullshyt but won't contribute to my leftist thread.

@YaThreadFloppedB!

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Can we be honest here? The system is broken. This is an opportunity to rebuild.

One of the problems in this country is the fact that people who never wanted this country are tasked with running the government.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Yes. I hope somebody from the left wars with the Neoliberals and exposes them like the Dotard did the Neocon and the RINO establishment

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
gradualism....there are forces (business especially) that prefer candidates that dont rock the boat

they want no radical changes, that means on the right and the left

but gradualism, leads to apathy and voter turn-out of near <30% nationally

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
banning muslims isn't [reasonable]
I don't know what "reasonable" means in this context, but the United States has a long history of racially selective/discriminatory immigration policies. Check the Immigration Act of 1924 for instance. So whatever "unreasonable " is, it definitely can't mean unprecedented, or out of chracter.

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Securing the border is reasonable... banning muslims isn't.
That said, Dem policies are much larger.
Is building a huge brick and mortar wall a pragmatic answer to immigration?

I don't know what "reasonable" means in this context, but the United States has a long history of racially selective/discriminatory immigration policies. Check the Immigration Act of 1924 for instance. So whatever "unreasonable " is, it definitely can't mean unprecedented, or out of chracter.

:mjgrin:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Is building a huge brick and mortar wall a pragmatic answer to immigration?

:mjgrin:

Mexican immigration, for right now, maybe? :manny:

A better solution would be to stop the war on drugs, which would help stabilize Mexico and stem the immigration flow. But since that's not happening now and even if it did it would take time to hold, again, maybe... i dunno :manny:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Are Dems the only ones trying to work within "the system?"

For right now, yes. And Democrats since the 70s have made it a point not to be flagrant with their misgivings.

Could a radical progressive mobilize the population like King Dotard?

Yeah, well we tried that and the Hillary and the DNC killed that. So, it would take the populace to at least completely shun the Democrats for that to happen. And that's at every level of government.

But to answer your title's question, I don't think Republicans are concerned with pragmatism. They're concerned with maintaining power and heavily benefiting from it. By default, that means embracing some level of irrationality.

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
For right now, yes. And Democrats since the 70s have made it a point not to be flagrant with their misgivings.

Yeah, well we tried that and the Hillary and the DNC killed that. So, it would take the populace to at least completely shun the Democrats for that to happen. And that's at every level of government.

But to answer your title's question, I don't think Republicans are concerned with pragmatism. They're concerned with maintaining power and heavily benefiting from it. By default, that means embracing some level of irrationality.
Whatever Milo

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Kinda right. But it's a economic principle that needs to be destroyed along with supply side economics. The greatest proponent of this are the Clinton Democrats.
Seems to be an attack. On keynesian economics. Dispite a lot of theoretical criticism we've seen two times it's salvaged the American economy.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
As far as Neoliberalism, it requires a strong military and frequent military intervention to maintain the benefits of a global economy.

That's not particularly a bad thing for Americans, however in practice we've seen the gains benefit corporations and the military more than the people. Corruption runs deep.

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Seems to be an attack. On keynesian economics. Dispite a lot of theoretical criticism we've seen two times it's salvaged the American economy.

The time for centrism is over. The era of barely doing anything is over. Wages gotta raise. We need a neo new deal. fukk the BS