Are the big three better rappers than 2pac and Biggie.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Breh, simplicity doesn't mean it's inferior and complexity doesn't make anything superior. That's about as subjective as it gets.

It's not the length of the track that's the slight. It's you trying to say that Biggie nor Pac had it in them to pen a 12 minute storytelling song. That's neither here or there. Joe Budden has a 10 minute storytelling joint that is dope on paper, but I haven't listened to it since the first time I listened to it.

Bruh I never said anything about superiority or inferiority. You said Kendrick is surface level and not as deep as Pac and Big were at age 24/25 and are trying to justify this notion with simplicity. I said that this isn't true, Kendrick wrote songs like Sing About Me at that age (and frankly, I DON'T think Pac or Big had the pen to pull something like that off) there's no way an artist like this is only "surface level" compared to Pac and Big.

If you want to sit up here and tell me about less is more to justify the wild claim about Kendrick being surface level compared to Pac and Big, I really don't know what discussion is to be had. Anything with depth/complexity/layers/length will just be dismissed as overly wordy and anything simple and to the point will somehow not be as deep as what Pac and Big said.

Last edited:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does better rapper mean? Or do we mean lyricist? A lot of rappers who as a whole entertainer/artist I would take over the big 3.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
To keep it a stack, Kendrick should be over both of them on this board seeing as how he, apparently, has 3 classic albums. TheBooth lives in Nostalgia-Ville, so they won't stay consistent.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The "big three" is kind of a representation of why hip hop these days is so weak

The best MC out of all of them made a song bigging up transvestites in his latest album. He aint even that dope, he just rambles in different voices and overcomplicates albums.

J Cole is one of the most generic MCs alive and Drake cant make a dope album to save his sons life.

Joey Badass will always be the top tier MC of this generation.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I ain’t mad at this
It's not true bro & she probably wasn't even a teen when the Big blew up in 94 going into 95. While X's ascension to the top of rap was crazy (50 too) it wasn't the same organic meteoric jump that Big had. People from my age bracket will tell you that

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
The "big three" is kind of a representation of why hip hop these days is so weak

The best MC out of all of them made a song bigging up transvestites in his latest album. He aint even that dope, he just rambles in different voices and overcomplicates albums.

J Cole is one of the most generic MCs alive and Drake cant make a dope album to save his sons life.

Joey Badass will always be the top tier MC of this generation.
/thread

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not true bro & she probably wasn't even a teen when the Big blew up in 94 going into 95. While X's ascension to the top of rap was crazy (50 too) it wasn't the same organic meteoric jump that Big had. People from my age bracket will tell you that
Elaborate, why do to say bigs jump was more organic?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
This is just brainwashing and propaganda your falling for. Ill take Sada Baby over the Big 3 all day,but you expect me to choose them over Pac:mjlol:?

Biggie? Its arguable,him and Drake are in the same lane and I prefer Drake. Jcole and Kendrick would be moreso in Pacs lane. And album for album,song for song,classic verse for classic verse? Its pac by a landslide
Sada Baby :mjlol:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Elaborate, why do to say bigs jump was more organic?
No one died & left a HUGE hole/lane in hip hop to fill. X deserves all the credit in the world because he was an amazing artist & lyricist but he benefited greatly from Big & Pac's death. I think X's time was coming & he would've been a star but not nearly as huge if both or one of them lived. Big had the streets buzzing & anticipating his debut (and so did X) but once that dropped he became an instant star, wrote for Lil Kim & she became a multi-platinum artist, wrote for Junior Mafia & got them to huge hits in 95 with a Gold album & this was all in a matter of a year or 2.

This was all due to his talent; no deaths, gimmicks, drama, or internet hype

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
peak wise no but only kendricks anywhere near the convo

other two not even worth discussing