Are these the 10 most impactful rap songs of the past 10 years??

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
2013-2023

Uzi vert- xo tour life
Xxxtentacion- look at me
Drake - gods plan
Travis & Drake - sicko mode
Cardi- bodak yellow
Lil baby - freestyle
Migos- bad and boujee
Future / Drake - jumpman
Future - march madness
J cole - no role modelz

They all shifted the culture and stood the test of time…every hip hop fan between ages 18-40 know the lyrics to these songs

In case you were wondering. Dreams & nightmares, and asap ferg - work came out in 2012…so they not included

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dunno but if you just told me you were making a list and named all those songs to me I'd say "yes" to each except maybe Jumpman. Which was huge at the time but I don't really feel like it had the impact of those others. Hell I'd say just looking at Drake/Future collabs, Life Is Good was more impactful.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Dunno but if you just told me you were making a list and named all those songs to me I'd say "yes" to each except maybe Jumpman. Which was huge at the time but I don't really feel like it had the impact of those others. Hell I'd say just looking at Drake/Future collabs, Life Is Good was more impactful.
Mask Off is more impactful than both of those songs

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Hmm The bar for ‘impact’ is high. It’s bigger than just which songs were big hits. Impact means they had to influence a movement, dictate how nggas did stuff, etc

Of the 10 you mentioned i’d only give that to:

Bodak Yellow- the stripper rapper era begins
Bad and Boujee- a new era of Atlanta takes over
Gods Plan- just cemented him as a global icon and golden goose
XO Tour Life-ushered in the alternative weirdo dyed hair era and a ton of clones

I don’t see ‘impact’ for all the others

Edit: I’ll go with Jumpmam bc it was Metro Boomin’s first hit and he’s arguably been THE sound of the last 10 years

I’d add:

Drake- One Dance. Afrobeats existed but it wasn’t popular. Drake put it on the map for Americans and now it runs shyt

Kendrick Alright- it will be forever tied to BLM and the protests. It’s the soundtrack for that moment

Wiz See You Again- nggas forget about Wiz. But he showed nggas a whole new money stream. Could easily end up being, technically, the biggest rap song of all time

Last edited:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Hmm The bar for ‘impact’ is high. It’s bigger than just which songs were big hits. Impact means they had to influence a movement, dictate how nggas did stuff, etc

XO Tour Life-ushered in the alternative weirdo dyed hair era and a ton of clones

Edit: I’ll go with Jumpmam bc it was Metro Boomin’s first hit and he’s arguably been THE sound of the last 10 years

I’d add:

Drake- One Dance. Afrobeats existed but it wasn’t popular. Drake put it on the map for Americans and now it runs shyt

Kendrick Alright- it will be forever tied to BLM and the protests. It’s the soundtrack for that moment

Wiz See You Again- nggas forget about Wiz. But he showed nggas a whole new money stream

Forgot about see you again ..that’s a good one

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

I’d add:

Wiz See You Again- nggas forget about Wiz. But he showed nggas a whole new money stream
True about Kendrick. And that did help the new woke black era.

The album had a big hand, because after that Beyoncé and Solange started being pro black, even more

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
:mjtf:You missing an obvious one my guy.

And I don’t even like the nikka like that, but after him and Waka everyone started growing short dreads, making two minute rap songs, and wearing mix-match designer clothes in Jordan’s. Sosa, Waka, and Gucci birthed all these new nikkas out here.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

And I don’t even like the nikka like that, but after him and Waka everyone started growing short dreads, making two minute rap songs, and wearing mix-match designer clothes in Jordan’s. Sosa, Waka, and Gucci birthed all these new nikkas out here.

Don’t like was 2012 so technically it wouldn’t fit with OP criteria but yea, this song definitely help kick start a movement.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
Don’t like was 2012 so technically it wouldn’t fit with OP criteria but yea, this song definitely help kick start a movement.
Ahh, you right, you right, but shyt, might as well do the whole 2010s, starting at 2013 is weird, plus Love Sosa and Keef’s popularity carried into 2013 and 2014 as well. Can’t talk about the influence of the past ten years and NOT include Keef, he’s a god to these new nikkas.