Albums Are we gonna sit here & act like "Platinum Fire" ain't the best R&B album of 2018 so far? :wow:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
@dora_da_destroyer @stomachlines you cant tell me this dont bring back that soul feeling :wow:

I was pleasantly surprised by this one, shyt has been on spin for the past 3-4 hours :damn:

Honestly, bruh
This sounds like everything else out there today
1st song bruh sounds like he whines instead of actually singing :picard:
What most of this generation of today calls singing, is more whining than anything; that or either mumbling.
That song w/ Ty, it sound like 1 of them nikkas is underwater singing. I can't even make out what they saying on that song :dahell:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Honestly, bruh
What most of this generation of today calls singing, is more whining than anything; that or either mumbling.
That song w/ Ty, it sound like 1 of them nikkas is underwater singing. I can't even make out what they saying on that song :dahell:
Yea man, not everyone needs a Whitney, Mariah, Luther, Teddy P voice to be considered a good singer, but a lot of these people making music today are of that "dude/chick in 8th grade who can carry a tune" caliber. They'd be better if they actually had vocal training and labels developed them. instead, they all cut songs on their laptops and upload them to the net and sound like shyt :upsetfavre:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Yea man, not everyone needs a Whitney, Mariah, Luther, Teddy P voice to be considered a good singer, but a lot of these people making music today are of that "dude/chick in 8th grade who can carry a tune" caliber. They'd be better if they actually had vocal training and labels developed them. instead, they all cut songs on their laptops and upload them to the net and sound like shyt :upsetfavre:

Yeah
It's just, I hear a lot whining and moaning and mumbling on records these days
Not a lot of singing at all

Sylar

Pro
Daps
like someone else said, it's decent but not new or attention grabbing. the songs are cool, some are actually good, but he doesn't do them justice. nothing interesting, special, or outstanding about his voice.

Honestly, bruh

I get that u prefer old school over the new, but I cant help but feel u are being biased and let nostalgia cloud your judgement. The 90s was full of artists who can't carry a note for shyt. Aaliyah, Total, 702, Keith Sweat , just to name a few, all had weak to just OK vocal skills but y'all big them up. Sometimes, with music it aint about just vocal skill. This album in particular creates the right vibe and I dare say that its well put together such that one doesnt even need to skip tracks when listening to it. The production is good too.

but hey, I guess this type of sound aint ya thang :yeshrug:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I get that u prefer old school over the new, but I cant help but feel u are being biased and let nostalgia cloud your judgement. The 90s was full of artists who can't carry a note for shyt. Aaliyah, Total, 702, Keith Sweat , just to name a few, all had weak to just OK vocal skills but y'all big them up. Sometimes, with music it aint about just vocal skill. This album in particular creates the right vibe and I dare say that its well put together such that one doesnt even need to skip tracks when listening to it. The production is good too.

I don't think I am
Not when I actually listened to the song and critiqued specifically what certain things didn't sound good
Some of those songs had some nice beats but I couldn't get around the so called "singing"
Keith Sweat wasn't a good singer, true. Total was ok, Aaliyah was ok, 702 were good
But they difference between them and a lot of the singers today is that u can understand what they saying and the singers of today a lot of times I can't.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Nah, I listen to all types of voices. He just doesn't sound great/is very generic. I could name st least five other artists who'd do these tracks better. :yeshrug: