Art Bell returns...again:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
http://artbell.com/

I like Art but let's see how long this one lasts before he retires again.

Art Bell’s New Show FAQ

Art is returning to broadcasting on the Internet on July 20th on the Dark Matter Digital Network.

The show is now called “Midnight in the Desert” and will broadcast LIVE from 9pm to Midnight Pacific, Midnight to 3am Eastern for FREE, Monday thru Friday.

You can listen via this website, or use an app on your smartphone or tablet. Currently you can listen via the TuneIn app. Install TuneIn from your App store and search for Dark Matter Radio and you’ll be listening to the current schedule of shows.

On-demand archives will be available under a subscription membership service, soon to be announced.

Q. Can I use an Internet radio?

A: If you would like a dedicated device to play Internet radio, there are a couple choices out there. Look for the CC-WiFi or CC-Wifi 2 from C.Crane. Use promo code “Dark Matter” or “Art Bell” to get a special gift and give us a credit.

Q. Can I listen via a podcast?

A. If you join the membership subscription service for the show, you’ll have the ability to download or stream old shows so you can play them on your computer and smartphone/tablet device.

Q. Will Art be on any terrestrial radio stations?

A. Probably not. The format of the show is geared towards the Internet, having less commercials and more freedom of where the breaks of the show will be. Rarely would a radio station want to carry the show and not be able to automate the commercial insertions. We are not going to change our format to match up with commercial radio. That being said, if a station wants to carry the show as is, without any interruption of the content, they may just grab the Internet stream and replay it. They would also have to cover the costs of the music licensing.

Q. Will Art be on Shortwave radio?

A. In fact yes! We have made a deal with a shortwave station out of Tennessee, WTWW on 5,085 khz, a good frequency to be heard at that time of night. They will carry just the LIVE portion of the show.

Q. Will Art be on Satellite?

A. No. There is no need to buy a satellite radio this time. No $15/mo SiriusXM subscription.

Q. Can I call into the show on Skype?

A. Yes, Art will have 2 Skype computers running, one for North America (US/Canada/Mexico) and one for International callers. Please have a properly operating headset microphone, as using just your laptop internal mic will make you sound awful.

Of course standard phone lines will be active also.

Q. How do I support the show financially?

A. First would be to signup for the membership subscription service when it is ready, whether you actually listen to the archives or not. With your subscription you’ll also be able to access the “Wormhole” and send Art messages/questions during the show.

Secondly, support the advertisers on the show. At least let them know you appreciate their sponsorship.

Lastly, you can help to keep the pirates at bay. If you come across a YouTube channel or any website posting full-length files of Art’s show, stealing our copyrighted content, let us know. We can take steps to get it taken down. It’s a shame that these people are potentially destroying the very thing they love. We survive on paying subs to keep us operating. We’re not a big corporation.

Q. Will there be a chat room?

A. We currently have two methods for fans to communicate with each other. First will be the Twitter hashtag feed. It’s the twitter feed that shows up on the DMRN home page. If you tag your tweets with #DMTalk, they will appear there. Others may then interact with you. You can use an App like Tweetdeck and set up a search filter to scroll all tweets with our hashtag in a real time scrolling column.

Secondly, there are two BBS style message forums that we will have links to, one moderated and one not. So you can pick your playground. More on this later.

Q: I plan on modifying my old rotary-dial phone into a mono speaker/mic combo. I would like to send secret messages to your listeners with the rotary-pulse dial while I am on air. Do you recommend a 1/4″ or 1/8″ TRS plug for this project?

A. I would suggest the connection be according to your computer I/O. 1/8″ is not TRS, usually 1/4″ is TRS, but it really doesn’t matter as to the connection, but the data stream you send should be encrypted with SSL, so it doesn’t identify you. As long as we can’t hear it on the audio feed, you should be able to send data on the sub-audible channel just fine.
simple-smile.png

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
His show on Sirius only lasted two months because there were no one called in. If Art Bell keeps putting on a show in direct competition with Coast to Coast he will never succeed.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
His show on Sirius only lasted two months because there were no one called in. If Art Bell keeps putting on a show in direct competition with Coast to Coast he will never succeed.
I'd rather listen to Art before Coast to Coast.

George Noory is boring and agrees with everything the guest says.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
For years I used to have Coast to Coast playing while I drifted off to sleep. Art Bell's voice was perfect. Would end up dreaming about Jersey Devils, Black Eyed Children, Grays, and Bigfoots :banderas:

Best that ever did it.

Agreed. Timely as I am listening to coast to coast right now and also put it on with a sleep timer as I drift off