Artist you can’t really listen to anymore

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Kanye West. I can occasionally listen to him but I mostly avoid his music these days. That run for president to help Trump was the last straw for me.

R Kelly. I can’t get over all the things he did. Listening to his music makes me think about how he abused all those women and kids. Just can’t do it and it’s a shame cause I loved some of his songs but would rather not be reminded about that stuff.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Knew Kanye would be the 1st name lol

I still bump his old shyt, but I don't give a fukk about his later and newer music.

Musically, he lost me with that lil pump song. There are just some collaborations an artist like Kanye should refrain from doing.

Freddie Gibbs is also another one. Straight up corny. I can still listen to him, but I can't bump that rah rah stuff from him because he has yet to prove he really like that lol

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If the music is fire I’ll listen to it. I really don’t have high expectations or moral behavior from people just because they’re talented at something like music or sports.

But guys I used to be able to listen to in real time that I now can’t ever listen to are Eminem, Nelly, Ja Rule. The songs I used to love as a teen I can usually go back to, but not from those guys.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye- used to be one of my favorite artists, but after MBDTF, it wssn't the same. I felt like he was overrated by that point. While I liked MBDTF and even accept it as a classic album, the levels to which people blew that album up was something else. It isn't this iconic, Thriller level album it was made out to be and people actually tried to say Kanye >>>>> Dre on the strength of the album. Nah, 2001 >>>>> MBDTF and pretty much every Ye album. No need to bring the Chronic album into it.

Game- everything after The Documentary is hit and miss. Doctor's Advocate, LAX, Jesus Piece, and Documentary 2.1 are all dope albums though.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
I can’t listen to game because of all the name drops

Twitter ended talib career

Kanye

Lil nas X

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Rick Ross - dude is fake his music comes off as unauthentic

Kanye - he's in a sunken place and it doesn't look like he's going to be able to return

Drake - To me musically he's plateaued out there's not anymore growth to his music.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Current music from vets like Nelly, 50 Cent (unless he does a G-Unit reunion), and Eminem

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I only listen to Wayne, Kendrick, Future, Thug and Uzi at the gym. Rap is super trash now. Or maybe I’m too old now.

People are shocked when I say I haven’t heard the past few Drake or J Cole, albums. I didn’t listen to barely any rap this year.

Otherwise it’s all R&B and Benito for me 😊

Moesha’s Overbearing Dad

Go to your room Miles
Daps
Reppin
It’s hard for me to listen to Nipsey knowing he is no longer with us… his music got me through some rough times. When Victory Lap dropped I felt like we both accomplished something.. I rocked with him outside of his music.. dude was really trying to better himself the people around him and his community.. I get a little sad when I hear Double Up