As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I never said the game sold a lot, it took a long time for dark souls and demons souls to sell.
All i said from jump was that the game was never very popular amongst PS3 users. Especially here on the coli.
The fanbase only got bigger with each game. People didn't just jump on board with bloodborne
Lots of people jumped on and off due to the playstation exclusive hype. Go read the thread.

Bloodborne didn't even sale a massive amount of copies, Dark souls 1 sold more. Most of the people who bought and praised bloodborne were already fans of dark souls. This forum didn't even exist when demons souls and dark souls 1 released, and by the time dark souls 2 released there were already alot of people here that were fans of the game.

This argument makes no sense.
Again i’m talking about here on the coli, directly to the people who stan playstation here :comeon:

I simply said the game was not very popular here and it myself was one of the only ones who seemingly liked the game.

Even if you looked at threads like this.

No one brings up demons souls.

Google some “best of PS3” lists Demons souls is either not listed or very far down on the list.

But somehow in this thread i’m trippin for saying people weren’t praising it all like that at the time :stopitslime:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
shyt you just made a great argument for why I should give it a try…I feel comfortable saying more gamers in general prefer a more “relaxed” gaming experience like this

Don’t let ‘em fool you breh. it’s a fun game but I promise you, you will pay that Yarnham tax.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
All i said from jump was that the game was never very popular amongst PS3 users. Especially here on the coli.

Lots of people jumped on and off due to the playstation exclusive hype. Go read the thread.

Again i’m talking about here on the coli, directly to the people who stan playstation here :comeon:

I simply said the game was not very popular here and it myself was one of the only ones who seemingly liked the game.

Even if you looked at threads like this.

No one brings up demons souls.

Google some “best of PS3” lists Demons souls is either not listed or very far down on the list.

But somehow in this thread i’m trippin for saying people weren’t praising it all like that at the time :stopitslime:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. Demons was a great game on a system with dozens of great and/or classic titles. Thats not to say it didn't also receive praise :mjlol: your logic is crazy breh.

Daps
I'm not touching the Dark Souls series if Bloodborne is considered one of the easier soulsbourne games. The beginning of the Bloodborne was kicking my ass man

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. Demons was a great game on a system with dozens of great and/or classic titles. Thats not to say it didn't also receive praise :mjlol: your logic is crazy breh.
Such a great game that everyone loved and talked about so much that it didn’t even make top 25 lists of the system.

Dark souls is on every one of them tho :mjpls:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm not touching the Dark Souls series if Bloodborne is considered one of the easier soulsbourne games. The beginning of the Bloodborne was kicking my ass man
It just depends really. I will admit Bloodborne would be very challenging for someone who struggles with action games. If you want more of an RPG experience where you can kind of knock the difficulty down from getting better equipment and the proper stats Dark Souls may be the game for you.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Such a great game that everyone loved and talked about so much that it didn’t even make top 25 lists of the system.

Dark souls is on every one of them tho :mjpls:

because dark souls a classic fukking game why wouldn't it be on there :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
because dark souls a classic fukking game why wouldn't it be on there :mjlol:
And demons Souls is not :ohhh:

My original point was simply that I viewed it as one of the best at the time and most playstion fans did not.

Thanks for taking 15 posts to finally agree with my original point :martin:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Somehow it makes you an xbox stan to say this tho :mjlol:
I was only ever able to get one of my potnas to even try Demon's Souls. I loaned him my copy and he gave up after about 3 hours saying the game made no sense and he couldn't get a grasp on it. He ended up loving Dark Souls though... probably because Dark Souls have you a real tutorial on how to play the game. :mjlol:

Wasn't nobody really checking for Demon's Souls like that. I was an RPG head, I'll give any game a chance as long as it's an RPG cause that's primarily what I play. That's why I gave Demon's Souls a shot.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s just japan.

They shipped enough after that and did a price cut and re-release as a “playstation classic” or whatever and it slowly marched to 1 million over time.

Compare that to Uncharted, GOW, etc that Sold at least 3 million easily.
Point is they even they didn’t even expect the game to do major numbers tho. 75k??? :wtf:

Splatoon 3 in one week did almost 50 times what Altus expected to sell in total on Demons Souls. That is nuts.

Uncharted and Sonys major AAA ips are expected to do a couple of million. Very interesting sales projection for Demons, very.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are literally lying breh. I would post videos about the performance of the souls games before bloodborne but I forgot who I'm arguing with.

:snoop:
Don’t believe in reality brehs.

:smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Point is they even they didn’t even expect the game to do major numbers tho. 75k??? :wtf:

Splatoon 3 in one week did almost 50 times what Altus expected to sell in total on Demons Souls. That is nuts.
Not even the people that published it felt it was that popular.

But some how i’m wrong for saying it :wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
And demons Souls is not :ohhh:

My original point was simply that I viewed it as one of the best at the time and most playstion fans did not.

Thanks for taking 15 posts to finally agree with my original point :martin:

I'm going to apologize to myself for trying to take you seriously.