Ashanti Says She’s Ready to Slow Down, Get Married & Have Kids… But Only with the 'Right Person'

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power

Ashanti Says She Wants to 'Slow Down,' Get Married and Have Kids — But Only with the 'Right Person'​

"Trust me, there's a lot of guys that want to be my baby daddy — and they've tried," Ashanti tells PEOPLE in this week's issue, opening up about her life and 20-year-long career​

ASHANTI-01-2022-c32d51abde76413482508c4060c80918.jpg

More than 20 years into her career, Ashantiis shaping an impressive legacy, reaping the benefits of her hard work and preparing to slow down in order to start a family — eventually.

"I'm hustling and doing what I need to do now, so I can chill a little bit," the R&B icon, 42, tells PEOPLE in this week's issue, opening up about successes, hardships and how she's remained grounded throughout decades of fame.

Looking forward, she plans to wrap up her current projects before taking a step back from work to settle down with a partner, get married and have children. "But I have to make sure it's with the right person," says Ashanti, who recently reunited with Nelly for a steamy onstage performance and told Andy Cohen they're in a "better place" following post-breakup tensions. "Trust me, there's a lot of guys that want to be my baby daddy — and they've tried."

Envisioning her ideal future as a mother, she hopes to follow the model that's guided her throughout her own life. "If I have an ounce of my mom's skills, I'm superior, honestly, because my mom is the s—," she says. "My dad is cool too, and my sister. But my mom's a different breed. They don't make human beings like my mom."

Ashanti at her 42nd birthday this year

tempFileForShare_20221024-195525.jpg

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If she froze her eggs years ago, hey cool do you

If she hasn’t :gucci: I pray she’ll be able to have kids… but this is the exact type of delusional reckless ‘I’m gon reinvent the wheel bc I’m a new age black woman’ behavior that is going to result in a lot of regret.

All that ‘breaking generational curses’ and ignoring—-and even ridiculing—-older black women…they gon learn the hard way

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
shyt like this is why these 40 year old bytches on dating apps have "want children" still checked :francis:

the level of nonsense women get sold is crazy...
...leaves most of them delusional.

I think the celebs use surrogate or donor egg IVF