Asian-American student with 1590 SAT score rejected by 6 elite colleges, blames AA

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For now, Students for Fair Admissions has but one goal in mind: to bring race-based college admissions to an end.

The affirmative action practice that has allegedly sidelined high-achieving Asian Americans now sits before the U.S. Supreme Court, awaiting a decision that, depending on the outcome, could alter the review process for college applications for the foreseeable future.

Its fate could also weigh heavily on the academic futures of people like 18-year-old Jon Wang, a Florida native who scored a 1590 out of 1600 on the SAT, with a perfect score on the math section. Combined with a 4.65 high school GPA, most would see him as a shoo-in for any elite university.

Somehow, the numbers still weren't high enough.

"The top-tier schools I applied to were MIT, CalTech, Princeton, Harvard, Carnegie-Mellon and U.C. Berkeley," he said.

Wang was rejected by all of them.

But the rejection letters didn't come without warning. Wang told Fox Nation he talked to friends and school guidance counselors going into the application process, and they all issued a bizarre warning.

"They all told me that it's tougher to get in, especially as an Asian American. I just took it as gospel," he said.

Wang, the child of two first-generation Chinese immigrants, is one of the people behind the plaintiff group taking on Harvard University and the University of North Carolina — two institutions whose race-based admissions practices have emerged at the epicenter of affirmative action practices for public and private institutions.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact that he immediately blames AA and not the legacy-based admissions that make up a FAR greater bulk of these elite collegiate enrollments is telling. :mjpls:
That's what they have been taught. The white legacy based admissions are cool but the AAs are the ones with shytty grades. Intelligent stupidity.

His argument is baseless but agendas must be pushed.

If they manage to get rid of Affirmative action, people like him will STILL get rejected from elite schools, but best believe the complaining will stop.