Ask A Mechanic Anything (...About Cars )

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Breh mileage don’t matter with Jap cars.

150k on a Lexus is like 75k on a Ford or Chevy

look at how many older Lexus/Toyota’s you see on the road in 2019
You’re right, but to buy the car at that much usage makes me uncomfortable. I don’t know if it was properly taken care of, serviced right, what happened and wasn’t reported, etc etc. For sure though if I own one and drive it up to that mileage personally that’s a different story.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I meant 2016 :laff:. I don’t even think they made a 2006 IS 200t. I read the whole convo wrong.
nah they didn't. i was just lookin at your post like what :laff:
anybody thinkin about spendin 20 on an IS ;get a used IS-F V8 5.0 (you wont be disappointed)

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What is your opinion on the bmw x1?

Reliable?? Nice car??

Better options for the price?
bytch2000
Breh mileage don’t matter with Jap cars.

150k on a Lexus is like 75k on a Ford or Chevy

look at how many older Lexus/Toyota’s you see on the road in 2019
Toyota, or Honda? Maybe. Nissan? fukk no

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
My car shuts off when I'm slowing down/braking. I thought it was from a loss of coolant, which has happened before, but after filling it up and replacing the radiator (was leaking), it's still doing it. Is it possible coolant just needs to run through the system? I noticed the car feels like it's gonna break down before it finally shuts off; like it's on its last legs. :sadcam:

Also noticed when I was idle the car lights would brighten when I revved it up, then return to normal as I took my foot off the pedal. Battery related? I just replaced it recently too.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My car shuts off when I'm slowing down/braking. I thought it was from a loss of coolant, which has happened before, but after filling it up and replacing the radiator (was leaking), it's still doing it. Is it possible coolant just needs to run through the system? I noticed the car feels like it's gonna break down before it finally shuts off; like it's on its last legs. :sadcam:

Also noticed when I was idle the car lights would brighten when I revved it up, then return to normal as I took my foot off the pedal. Battery related? I just replaced it recently too.
Everything you posted sounds like the alternator is bad.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ive been turning wrenches for a long time and i have done so much from bodywork,sound,video,engine ,tranny swaps [pause] and rebuilds ,ECU ,Tuning,Hybrid battery rebuilds.Pretty much everything but replacing windshields

Ive been trained both in the old school way using ears ,stethoscopes and a vacuum guage and in the new ways with OBDII scanners ,CAN bus ,Inspection cameras and software :win:

Im now offering TSR the benefit of my experience...so fire away
Can you take motorcycles to any mechanic or is there motorcycle specific places you take them too?