At 31, this weight isn’t coming off like it used to.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
You must be young, and he said he's 300 pounds.

oooooh, see I missed that part.

My bad breh, I skimmed the top post.

I just hate when relatively in-shape people try to knock running, it ain’t that bad.

but yeah all that extra weight on thr joints is not good.

On the bright side a 300 lb man will lose weight crazy fast if they are serious about their diet

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
oooooh, see I missed that part.

My bad breh, I skimmed the top post.

I just hate when relatively in-shape people try to knock running, it ain’t that bad.

but yeah all that extra weight on thr joints is not good.

On the bright side a 300 lb man will lose weight crazy fast if they are serious about their diet
Sometimes when I carry two 45 plates across the gym I wonder how do people walk around like this all day.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
nikkas wanna start thinking about taking care of their body when they're past their prime looking :flabbynsick:

gyms closing or you being a drinker is not an excuse. Plenty of fit dudes drink and some dont even set foot in the gym and workout with no weights at all.

Daps
Hey OP.

I’ve been on a weight loss journey.
Tracking calories help.
Use this calorie calculator
Calorie Calculator

Tô see how many calories you should have each day. For your goals. I’d recommend lifting/exercising 6 days a week. 10,000 steps a day. High protein. Some ppl recommend your body weight in protein… but you’re up there… idk if 300+ grams of protein is necessary.

the body can’t store protein… only uses it to build muscle… but carbs and sugar can be turned into fat…

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Pre covid I was about 210, working my way down to 185. Covid happened. Gyms closed. I starting drinking again. Drank almost every day of 2021. Over time it became an all day thing. I gained 100 pounds.

Now I’m here, 20 days sober. Down to 306.8, from 310 at the beginning of the month.

At this weight exercise is really difficult and the smallest amount will leave me exhausted.

Most frustrating part is that I don’t eat as bad as you’d think for someone my size. I don’t drink any of my calories, try to avoid sugar, drink a bunch of water, mostly eat at home.

What exercises or programs can you guys recommend for a :flabbynsick: breh that can barely jog for 7 minutes :snoop:

Buy a Garmin Forerunner 245 watch, download the Garmin Connect app and get a smart scale so you can track everything. Learn how to use the Garmin app; be sure to calibrate the watch.

Get your ass on a track and jog 12 laps minimum (3 miles). Do this 5 days a week minimum.

Go on the Hoka website and spend the $ on a pair of Clifton or Bondi shoes. Even better if you can try them on at a running shop but half size up on your normal size. These are good shoes for people who are beginners. They will last a while.

Drink water like it’s about to go out of style. You better be pissing clear.

whatever I typed is the MINIMUM you should be doing.

Eat 1x a day. You won’t die. Just be smart about what you eat: oats, baked chicken, tuna, basic sandwiches, salad. Get used to eating the same shyt for a while.

Fruits and Veg are your snacks. You won’t like every fruit and veg so just man up. If you gon do smoothies don’t go overboard with it because the sugar will be off the charts.

Hardest part is getting out there and getting active. If your brain isn’t in it then it’s a wrap. You will have bad workout days. Deal with it and push thru

Dont start going to the gym and picking up weights until you’ve lost weight.

Last edited:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
Buy a Garmin Forerunner 245 watch, download the Garmin Connect app and get a smart scale so you can track everything. Learn how to use the Garmin app; be sure to calibrate the watch.

Get your ass on a track and jog 12 laps minimum (3 miles). Do this 5 days a week minimum.

Go on the Hoka website and spend the $ on a pair of Clifton or Bondi shoes. Even better if you can try them on at a running shop but half size up on your normal size. These are good shoes for people who are beginners. They will last a while.

Drink water like it’s about to go out of style. You better be pissing clear.

whatever I typed is the MINIMUM you should be doing.

Eat 1x a day. You won’t die. Just be smart about what you eat: oats, baked chicken, tuna, basic sandwiches, salad. Get used to eating the same shyt for a while.

Fruits and Veg are your snacks. You won’t like every fruit and veg so just man up. If you gon do smoothies don’t go overboard with it because the sugar will be off the charts.

Hardest part is getting out there and getting active. If your brain isn’t in it then it’s a wrap. You will have abs workout days. Deal with it and push thru

Dont start going to the gym and picking up weights until you’ve lost weight.

/THREAD

repped for the bolded parts

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That's what I was about to say. If anything, he should do a lot of resistance training as that muscle building will burn more fat when you're not doing anything after the workout.
Well if he’s in a calorie deficit then we won’t be building muscle. The impact of that post workout burn is overrated from what I read/see. Not enough to try to account for it anyway.

All of that said either way lifting can be a benefit to him to help retain the muscle he has and purely as another way to get exercise. Can’t see a logical reason he wouldn’t base in what we know.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

Daps
That's what I was about to say. If anything, he should do a lot of resistance training as that muscle building will burn more fat when you're not doing anything after the workout.
if they fat they already dont have enough discipline to handle all that in one go. its better to ease into this if its gonna be a lifestyle.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
if they fat they already dont have enough discipline to handle all that in one go. its better to ease into this if its gonna be a lifestyle.

Agreed about the lacking discipline, but that "easing into it" will likely result in slow or no results as OP doesn't possess the discipline to push himself when it's needed.

Midas well jump in the deep end and see if he drowns. :ehh: