At 31, this weight isn’t coming off like it used to.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
You cannot outrun a crappy diet. Find out your body type; mesomorph, endomorph, etc. Some people respond more to calories while other bodies respond more to carbs.

:picard:

Folks can out-train bad diets, but only if you have the genetics for it. This is coming from a nikka that *stays* eating junk and has never been fat a day in his life.
:ufdup:

I will agree that fast food is not nutritious, but OP's problem isn't just eating junk, it's eating junk and being a drunk (alcohol has almost as many calories per gram as fat) and under-exercising. Some people can get away with one or two. Dude picked all three.
:huhldup:

Your second point is irrelevant since OP obviously doesn't respond more carbs or calories; he responds to both, hence why he's fat af right now. His phenotype, something not wholly based in science, is obviously endomorph right now.
:skip:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Folks can out-train bad diets, but only if you have the genetics for it. This is coming from a nikka that *stays* eating junk and has never been fat a day in his life.

I will agree that fast food is not nutritious, but OP's problem isn't just eating junk, it's eating junk and being a drunk (alcohol has almost as many calories per gram as fat) and under-exercising. Some people can get away with one or two. Dude picked all three.

Your second point is irrelevant since OP obviously doesn't respond more carbs or calories; he responds to both, hence why he's fat af right now. His phenotype, something not wholly based in science, is obviously endomorph right now.

right to the point :russ:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
As someone who is currently trying -- admittedly not as consistently -- to shed off my pandemic pounds get healthier, the best thing I can tell you is to cook your food as often as possible and don't dip anything in grease if you can help it. Avoid processed food. Hardest thing for me was accepting that though being healthy seems to cost more, it's an investment into you. It's worth the $.

Figure out what you like and MAKE the healthiest version possible/you can tolerate. If you like soda/sugary drinks, go zero sugar everything until you can wean yourself off of it or lower your consumption of it.

Get that air fryer, and the George Foreman grill still gets it done.

That and find a way to move around more. If you get an hour for lunch? Take no more than 30 minutes for it and go for a walk during the other 30.

That will at least get you started. Incorporate weights down the road too. But above ALL ELSE, start with your diet.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Agreed on phenotypes. Waste of time. Just do the work. Some people do respond better to carbs but it’s likely because they have more muscle mass.

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First you should water fast. Start of 24 hour water fast for 5-7 days. Then transition to just a strict fast fast for 1-3 days. Then slowly incorporate fresh raw fruits in your daily eating regimen. Then after a week of fruits add veggies. Walking, stretching, and even shooting a basketball around will help your digestion pick up.