At what point did Scorpion become more popular than Sub Zero?

Daps
Reppin
Since the first time he pulled that mask off and you saw he was a demon :lolbron:

QhUAaBV.jpg

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well he has arguably the most memorable catch phrase in fighting games from jump which helped his case. I thought they were equal until Sub Zero showed up without the mask. After that, Scorpion had the better fight scene in the movie. At that point the switch was complete for me.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
While Boon has been open about Scorpion being his favorite character, I'd say around 2010 when they actually established NetherRealm Studios from Midway and WB. He's their logo :manny:

Nrs_logo.png

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I always thought Sub-Zero was the more popular character when growing up based on how people around me were but I noticed a distinct shift in popularity around the time MK Deception came out.

HarlemRiverDrive

Rated X by an all white jury.
Daps
Reppin
South Chicago
While MK: Mythologies my favorite MK title next to Shaolin Monks, Scorpion has always been the series' 'Ryu'. Everyone knows Scorpion.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
When that son of a gun decided to make subs lost the mask. Smh sub zero is a real hero but instead they hype up this clown that sold his soul.
I remember when mk first dropped on genesis I choose sub zero and my brother chose scorpion (Bc he was a Scorpio no homo) we had a fight to the death we both had a tiny bit of life and I tried to freeze him andat the same moment he did the "get over here" and killed me. I hate scorpion ever since

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Sub Zero was one of my favorite characters (I stanned all the ninjas tbh) until they ditched the 2D style. Im not sure if it was Deadly Alliance or Deception, but when they began to add speed tiers they fukked sub zero up. Noob is fast, Scorpion is fast, Reptile is fast, yet Sub-Zero is slow as shyt in comparison:dahell:. I thought he was a ninja too, wtf brehs:mindblown:. I'll never enjoy the slower (slightly stronger) fighters in ANY game over the faster combo nikkas. Hell, I was even fukkin with Sonya Blade heavy in MK9 because of how fast she was, bytch would fukk you up with the quickness:whew: