At What Point Is Someone No Longer Black to Ya'll?

HopeKillCure

Banned
Daps
Reppin
On a queue
Serious question :jbhmm:

Lightskin black people are obviously black people (and different from Biracials , no?)

So when is a Biracial person not black or are they all black?:comeon:

Is there a point where a "former black person" can stop being black, like Jesse Williams

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
My experiences with biracial folks tends to be their mom is white and their father is Black. They grew up around Black people, identify as Black, hang with Black people, and tend to date Black women. Their views socially and politically are in harmony with what is typically found within Black communities. As far as I'm concerned, they're Black. IMO Jesse Williams is still Black and used his platform to speak on matters pertaining to the Black community more so than non-biracial Black people with the same platform. Same with Kaep who's career is in limbo as he's being blackballed unlike 90% of the Black players in organized sports who wouldn't dare bring attention to any issues dear to Black people's heart.

Truth be told it's amazing how quickly the Black community can turn on folks over the most minor of things. And really I shouldn't even say the Black community because the average person in a Black community is too busy with real life to get caught up in the foolish and petty nonsense that happens on Twitter and the Coli.

horizon

Superstar
Daps
When I can use their blackness or lack thereof to get daps/reps/likes/retweets/etc

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Bring back patriarchy and this problem will go away :yeshrug:

You are what your father is :ufdup:

Lineage is more important than some arbitrary definition of race.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
ruth be told it's amazing how quickly the Black community can turn on folks over the most minor of things.

It's not just the "black community". Most other groups do not accept biracials as their own.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
My experiences with biracial folks tends to be their mom is white and their father is Black. They grew up around Black people, identify as Black, hang with Black people, and tend to date Black women. Their views socially and politically are in harmony with what is typically found within Black communities. As far as I'm concerned, they're Black. IMO Jesse Williams is still Black and used his platform to speak on matters pertaining to the Black community more so than non-biracial Black people with the same platform. Same with Kaep who's career is in limbo as he's being blackballed unlike 90% of the Black players in organized sports who wouldn't dare bring attention to any issues dear to Black people's heart.

Truth be told it's amazing how quickly the Black community can turn on folks over the most minor of things. And really I shouldn't even say the Black community because the average person in a Black community is too busy with real life to get caught up in the foolish and petty nonsense that happens on Twitter and the Coli.

There are soo many c00ns and non woke people in the community you can't put faith in their judgement no more. I will be completely honest if I see a mass group of black folks gravitating towards something I always take a step back to analyze further.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Bring back patriarchy and this problem will go away :yeshrug:

You are what your father is :ufdup:

Lineage is more important than some arbitrary definition of race.

What if the person is mixed black father and white mother, and like his father he married a white woman, will you consider his children black too?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's not just the "black community". Most other groups do not accept biracials as their own.

In my life, I never saw a general consensus of supposedly Black people view biracial folks as not Black until coming across the Locker Room. This it NOT a discussion that happens with biracial folks that grow up around and identify as Black. It's internet weirdo sh!t.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
What if the person is mixed black father and white mother, and like his father he married a white woman, will you consider his children black too?

Exactly. Kid will be 75% white but since the biracial father is supposedly Black...that kid will be too :mjlol: