Atlanta Hawks 2023-2024 season thread

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
When it comes to Sarr, I only have youtube clips to go on and i hate to stat watch. But 9.3 points and 4 rebounds a game in 17 minutes. I mean if you're going by the physical measurements Ok sure. but he's not a great rebounder and not a great shooter. Shot blocking isnt about just being tall and trying to block every shot. It's about timing, not fouling, Personally I see Nic claxton which is not worth a #! pick.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
When it comes to Sarr, I only have youtube clips to go on and i hate to stat watch. But 9.3 points and 4 rebounds a game in 17 minutes. I mean if you're going by the physical measurements Ok sure. but he's not a great rebounder and not a great shooter. Shot blocking isnt about just being tall and trying to block every shot. It's about timing, not fouling, Personally I see Nic claxton which is not worth a #! pick.
You can't look at his stats and make any kind of judgement. Somebody already explained that those stats are very misleading. In Australia they already had a starting Center and they knew Sarr was one and done.

When it comes to his rebounding u need to read more about his role on that team
It was a matter of scheme for Perth: with most teams in the NBL having the spacing to play five-out, it’s understandable that Perth’s strategy centered around contesting the three-point shot. It was, however, also a matter of necessity, as Perth didn’t have other playable bigs on roster. Sarr had to play most of his minutes alongside former Arizona forward Keanu Pinder, who is decidedly a four and does very little in terms of helpside rim protection.

The scheme proved to be somewhat successful for Perth, as they held opponents to 32.3% from three-point range. In turn, they provided zero help from the strong side corner on drives, and roll men were rarely tagged. That left Sarr to his own devices cleaning up whatever he could once opponents got to the paint.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
You can't look at his stats and make any kind of judgement. Somebody already explained that those stats are very misleading. In Australia they already had a starting Center and they knew Sarr was one and done.

When it comes to his rebounding u need to read more about his role on that team

Thanks for explaining

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think Sarr can become a good shooter he has the form and length get him a good shooting coach and make him shoot 300+ shots a day

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I’ve been hearing he’s as good as Mobley is defensively, but his one flaw is defensive rebounding

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I mean look who Dallas surrounded Luka with..their front office knows how to build a fukkin team.

nikkas always want the big names, but trades like Aaron Gordon, Derrick White, PJ Washington & Gafford are the ones that win titles
Luka is a true #1...a true Batman

Trae is a Robin at best. You don't build around dwarf PGs that are inefficient, turnover prone and play no defense

I've said it 1000 times before. If Trae is the #1 player on your team you will never win a damn thing. Either he goes or he accepts that he's a Robin and will NEVER be BATMAN