Atlantic Slave Trade: Fallacy of Blacks selling Blacks

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This just proved what he said it’s a fallacy because there are no specific tribes that Africa americnas were sold from. A slave trade could be himself sold into slavery and Vice versa

My first post pointed to the uphill battle that the YTer will have. He's attempting to educate people on a platform that is known for entertainment.

Anybody who has ever cracked a book about the Transatlantic Slave Trade should know that it lasted for over 300 years. In three centuries +, politics, wars, alliances, migration, natural disasters, etc would shift the balance of power between factions, families, or ethnic groups in slave trading regions.

People with blank slate minds about topics tend to be the ones who will avoid reading a textbook and prefer to watch a youtube video. Fact that you have to explain what you just explained shows why the guy in the OP video is fighting an uphill battle.

Last edited:

qwer

Banned
Daps
My first post pointed to the uphill battle that the YTer will have. He's attempting to educate people on a platform that is known for entertainment.

Anybody who has ever cracked a book about the Transatlantic Slave Trade should know that it lasted for over 300 years. In three centuries +, politics, wars, alliances, migration, natural disasters, etc would shift the balance of power between factions, families, or ethnic groups in slave trading regions.

People with blank slate minds about topics tend to be the ones who will avoid reading a textbook and prefer to watch a youtube video. Fact that you have to explain what you just explained shows why the guy in the OP video is fighting an uphill battle.
I’m just tired of hearing the lie that as an African I’m a descendant of slave sellers or catchers when my ethnic group was a victim of the slave trade and had nothing to do with selling slaves

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I’m just tired of hearing the lie that as an African I’m a descendant of slave sellers or catchers when my ethnic group was a victim of the slave trade and had nothing to do with selling slaves

That's their problem, not yours. Them wanting to believe things that the FACTS don't support is a function of a number of things. None of which you can control.

Some people embrace ignorance.

*And "ethnic groups" didn't catch and sell people. Rulers and some members of the merchant class from those ethnic groups made those calls. Being a member of one of those ethnic groups isn't an indictment on anyone, anymore than being an American indicts people for atrocities committed by our military leaders and captains of industry.

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's basically talking about people imposing modern racial constructs onto African ethnicities of that era who wouldn't have seen themselves as being black or of the same group. And people acting like the slavery practiced by west and central Africans was the same as it was in the Americas.

This in bold is the issue..

The problem isn't having the slaves..

The problem is treatment of said slaves.. And Americans talk as if everyone treated their slaves just like they did, which isn't true..

Good observation..

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This just proved what he said it’s a fallacy because there are no specific tribes that Africa americnas were sold from.

What do you mean there were no specific tribes that Aframs were sold from?:mjtf:

A slave trade could be himself sold into slavery and Vice versa

which is why it's even more laughable that they did what they and the Africans involved with the "Sons of Africa" instead people selling captives from other tribes

TLLJXSq.png

they need to be "one" as they realized they were actually of the same race, which would lead to a Pan-Africanist outlook, to unite and try to stop the slave trade

szzMiHm.png

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This in bold is the issue..

The problem isn't having the slaves..

The problem is treatment of said slaves.. And Americans talk as if everyone treated their slaves just like they did, which isn't true..

Good observation..

slavery in any form is a no no:gucci:

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
slavery in any form is no no:gucci:

In a perfect world, yes.. But for example if humans want to lean towards the bible for slavery justification, then they're still out of order because the bible speaks if restoration towards slaves..