Audio From Former Slaves

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
That's why I feel it's so disrespectful when people like warren sapp says the NFL is like being a slave, like really?

Black bodies being destroyed for the profit of the extreme wealthy white and jewish owners while the players get a pittance in comparison and a white middle manager runs the plays most of the time? Yeah I can see what he is getting at... A bit dramatic but in the right light NFL Sundays can be somewhat unsettling. Being in the sports pit in vegas and listening to degens yell at the players through their screen and jump up out of their chairs can invoke the imagery of a mandingo fight to the death.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
shyts crazy, imagine theres 160 million more stories like these coming from all over the american continent :wow:

Would love to hear more about slavery in Jamaica, Columbia, Peru, Paraguay etc.

I'm Jamaican and didn't even learn we were enslaved until my early teens :snoop: I thought this as AA problems
:mjcry:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Wow. In listining to all of them now. I can't rep the thread starter enough. That might be the most profound thing I've read/heard on this site. I don't even know what to say.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
shyts crazy, imagine theres 160 million more stories like these coming from all over the american continent :wow:

Would love to hear more about slavery in Jamaica, Columbia, Peru, Paraguay etc.

I'm Jamaican and didn't even learn we were enslaved until my early teens :snoop: I thought this as AA problems

:gucci::mjtf:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did you think we got to Jamaica?!

:what:
Same way white people got to Europe. I was a kid.

Slavery in the Caribbean in general isn't widely publicised in literature, film etc. Not to the point American slavery is I think ermmm Sankofa (?) the film I've seen about slavery on the islands.

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Slavery in the Caribbean in general isn't widely publicised in literature, film etc.

Yeah, but what about school? I cant speak for other Caribbean countries, but in jamaica we learn about slavery during the earliest years of primary school. And 2 of our most famous national heroes relate to slavery (Sharpe and Queen Nanny).

It's wild af to think that you went that long without knowing. What was your reaction when you found out?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, but what about school? I cant speak for other Caribbean countries, but in jamaica we learn about slavery during the earliest years of primary school. And 2 of our most famous national heroes relate to slavery (Sharpe and Queen Nanny).

It's wild af to think that you went that long without knowing. What was your reaction when you found out?

I went school in the UK. Slavery was on the curriculum for like 2 weeks when we was 14 that's it. And even thought we was just getting te overview of it from the American perspective. Its around that time I found the book in the school library about the slave trade in the Caribbean and I was like dam.

I knew about Nanny but thought that was white men coming to our country tryna put us in slavery lol