AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILER THREAD

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm gonna go way left field here... and this might be a whole different thread.

Could you imagine having the Infinity Gauntlet and all the stones in your possession provided you didn't get killed from using them?

Brehs be like :ohhh::blessed::jbhmm::gladbron::whoo::myman:
You wouldnt even need to use the powers, you'd be able to blackmail the entire universe

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
6332752425910272.png

So, it’s time to get excited about an Avengers: Endgame Russo cut. Sure, it’s never likely to see the light of day – and the whopping three-hour runtime squeezed in everything it probably needed to – but there are still Avengers: Endgame deleted scenes out there that were filmed but, for one reason or another, never made it into the final cut. Take the Endgame final battle for instance, which has what sounds like more than an extra few minutes tacked on for good measure.

“We wrote and shot an even longer battle with its own three-act structure,” Endgame writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely candidly reveal during an interview with the NY Times. :gladbron:

The final battle between Thanos and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes (and just about every other MCU character you can think of) also took a breather midway through in an earlier version of the script, but there were reasons why Endgame’s 45-minute scrap didn’t go well into the hour mark and beyond.

“It didn’t play well,” admits McFeely, “We had a scene in a trench where, for reasons, the battle got paused for about three minutes and now there’s 18 people all going, ‘What are we going to do?’ ‘I’m going to do this.’ ‘I’m going to do this.’”

As well as one of the few confirmed Avengers: Endgame deleted scenes bringing the action to a screeching halt it also, as Markus points out, “Required them to find enough shelter to have a conversation in the middle of the biggest battle.” So, yeah, not ideal.

While we got a third act of epic proportions, we can only wonder whether the original (extended) final battle is sitting in a Marvel vault somewhere, just waiting to be released on Blu-ray. There could be extra moments of fan-service, fights, and fist-pumping moments that’ll never be seen, which feels like a missed opportunity.

For many, three hours was enough – the rest of us should be asking one thing: #ReleaseTheRussoCut

Avengers: Endgame deleted scenes and “an even longer” final battle exist according to the movie's writers | GamesRadar+

source.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I’m literally over 1500 posts behind in this thread. I ain’t never catching up

:hubie: y’all got it.

I've been in here since last Friday and even I wish we still had the "Most Daps" button. Sometimes on long threads I press CTRL+F and just search "others dapped this."

End up missing posts that were dapped less than 4 or 5 times but that's better than having to go through the whole thread :yeshrug:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

RDJ's deal with Marvel is a cheat code. Dude made 75M off IW, hes gonna make something brazy off this movie.

The crazy part is, Marvel/Disney is cheap as fukk. Outside of a few people, nobody is really getting paid on a ton to do these roles. They understand that MCU is bigger than any one character, so you either do the movie on the low or they replace you. The only irreplaceable characters have died/retired in this movie
IDK who told you this bro lol

Last edited:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I just realized Stark without a helmet tanked a back hand from Thanos...hmm

The power levels have always been way over the place in these movies. Tony also went one to one with an unrestrained Hulk and came out on top.

Him and Cap are somehow taking the same punches Thanos uses on Thor/Captain Marvel. Cap is punching and kicking Thanos without breakinghis hands/feet.

It doesn't make sense, but looks :blessed:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The power levels have always been way over the place in these movies. Tony also went one to one with an unrestrained Hulk and came out on top.

Him and Cap are somehow taking the same punches Thanos uses on Thor/Captain Marvel. Cap is punching and kicking Thanos without breakinghis hands/feet.

It doesn't make sense, but looks :blessed:
yeah I wasnt saying it to be a pessimist, it's just amazing to see a 50 year old guy that almost died off one stab take the same force that made Hulk tap out, broke Loki's neck, and overpower a vibranium shield and Thor. I guess it'd lead to some sucker shyt film wise if he couldnt take a punch though

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Finally gonna throw out my own feelings instead of commenting on everyone else's.

This was the best movie of the franchise. Great pacing, great character development, great lines, great acting, so many great fan moments, lots of unpredictable turns of the plot without anything stupid or unbelievable (at least not any more so than the baseline suspension of disbelief), the feeling of real consequences, emotional ups and downs throughout. It's a contender for the best superhero movie. Of course having 20 movies to develop everyone to this point is a huge cheat code, but the experience was still incredible.

I always laugh at people who can't sit through a three-hour movie (modern attention spans have gone to shyt with social media), but nearly every bit of that time was necessary here, especially the slow pacing of the beginning. One big concern from the end of Infinity War was that the snap didn't have any real emotional consequences for serious viewers. We all knew they were coming back, so whatever. But that slow first hour of Endgame forced you to feel their deaths, forced you to wallow in it. What would it really be like in a world where half the people had died? Would we move on? Could we? That was the emotional setup that made everything else in the movie pay off.

Favorite moments of the movie:

The confusion/despair of Hawkeye not knowing what the hell just happened to his family.

Thor snapping and killing Thanos (FINALLY that happens in a superhero movie, why do they always let the bad guy talk for as long as he wants?), and then everyone just sitting there in the heaviness and brutality of it. 10x better than failing by not being able to kill him, failing by killing him and it not making a damn difference anyway.

Not to mention Thanos being dead right away...totally messes with everything you thought about how the movie was supposed to go

When that "five years later" shows up on the screen and you're like fukk...they're really living in this world with everyone gone

Capt in the post-snap just trying to be Capt getting people through the rough times. Perfect way to start it off.

Black Widow trying to hold shyt together and clearly not living the good life

Scott finding his daughter when she's assumed he was zapped all these years

The killing baby Thanos line/gesture

"Did he turn into a baby?"

shytting on the obvious logical inconsistency of every time travel movie....where you at @MartyMcFly ?

The interplay between Ironman's attachment to his life with his daughter and his feeling of responsibility for Peter Parker

Memory Lane flashing back to all the previous avenger movies

Hail Hydra!!!!

Thor's mom knowing that he's from the future

The feeling that the time heist is pumping along fine....and then fukk Loki's gone and there goes that

What an idiot past Star Lord looked like dancing and grabbing rats and shyt and then getting his ass knocked out without a word of dialogue

T'Challa and the rest of the Wakanda crew stepping through that portal

T'Challa all like, "You nice Clint but you really shouldn't be carrying that thing"

Captain picking up Mjolnir was the payoff moment of the entire franchise. He is worthy.

Scarlet Witch's "You will" imbued with all the anger and loss that she had experienced

"I am inevitable" followed by the empty snap.

"I am Ironman"

Gamora not knowing wdf Peter is and transferring his balls into his abdomen

Tony Stark's funeral and slow-playing though all the people that had been part of the story...basically saying goodbye to the franchise

Thor and Quill recreating the funniest moment of Infinity War

Capt ending the whole thing deciding to do something for himself

Falcon getting the shield

Worst moments:

New Hulk is worthless. Intro scene was cringeworthy. I guess they just had too much going on and nothing really for Hulk to do (just Bannister), so it was their way of keeping Hulk in the movie without having to actually waste any scenes on him.

Thor and Rocket's Asgard scene was meh

Tony Stark connecting with his father felt unnecessary. If you want to make the movie a bit shorter, that was the #1 place to start.

Now I got to get my wife to watch/rewatch about four movies in the franchise (thinking avengers, ultron, civil war, and infinity war) so that she'll actually be ready to watch this with me. At least she remembers the GOTG movies well enough.

p.s. - I just realized that Quill spends the whole movie taking nothing but L's :mjlol:

1. We see him and he's dancing like a foolish idiot
2. War Machine calls him an idiot and Nebula agrees
3. War Machine knocks him unconscious without even letting him get in a word of dialogue
4. He shows up out of the portal and pretty much all you can think of is that he's the one who f'd up and punched Thanos in the last movie
5. Gamora is back but she doesn't give a shyt about him
6. Gamora knees him in the balls
7. Nebula mocks him right in front of Gamora
8. Even fat Thor threatens his masculinity/leadership and basically steps all over his territory
9. He looks insecure as fukk
10. Flies off looking longingly at the image of Gamora clearly not knowing where she is

Last edited: