Aviation/Aircraft mechanic peeps, any book suggestions for beginners?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I was looking to join a A&P aviation trade school this fall but right now the school has a TBD on when they’re opening for obvious reasons plus, I’m not currently interested in being around other people during this pandemic knowing that I could not only endanger my self but those who I care for, even if the school opens all the way up.

I’m putting off going to school to around mid to late 2021 or when the virus has died down some however in the meantime I would like to check out some great aircraft mechanic book’s that’ll hold me down until then. Does anyone have any good books for people who have no experience or skills in the trade to check out? I would really appreciate it.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have you considered joining the Air Force or Navy. You'll get paid while traveling the world. Most people in I know in the aviation industry started in the military.

Black Haven

Daps
Have you considered joining the Air Force or Navy. You'll get paid while traveling the world. Most people in I know in the aviation industry started in the military.
I don’t want anything to do with the military no offense to those in it, besides many of the mechanics I spoke to told me they joined a union or trade school so the military doesn’t have to be a option

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t want anything to do with the military no offense to those in it, besides many of the mechanics I spoke to told me they joined a union or trade school so the military doesn’t have to be a option
Yea I wasnt stating you should join just asking if you considered. I work in the industry and I'd say about 80% of my coworkers are ex mil. You can definitely ship that by going to trade school either route works. Military just pays you while you are training. Joining he mil for me was probably the best thing I ever done but it may not be good for you.

Last edited:

jajahoe

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KIlleen, TX
This may not be the best time to try to be an aircraft mechanic. Most airlines are about to layoff or furlough a bunch of mechanics because of low demand.

Black Haven

Daps
This may not be the best time to try to be an aircraft mechanic. Most airlines are about to layoff or furlough a bunch of mechanics because of low demand.
I’ve been paying attention to that which is another reason why I’m waiting until 2021 to got to school. I just hope that the COVID 19 would hit its peak before that time or else..... :francis: