Awaiting Trump's coal comeback, miners reject retraining

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
What I don't understand about these folks is how there aren't at least a handful of community/union organizers who have some common sense to help these people understand how they have continually hurt their own interest. There has to be someone amongst them who can speak the right language to help them help themselves.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I lived in southwest pa, alehgany, Fayette county. I was managing a packing plant, and I can tell you that these people are very poor, very uneducated, very affected by the opioid epidemic, and this was a decade+ ago. These people will not accept retraining, and they will not even take the coal jobs if they by miracle come back. This is a dead area, and they have embraced poverty, with no help can be provided other than welfare. Fayette county is, no lie, on par with Appalachia. Anybody that lived anywhere close, knows about Peachin's, it's a white trash complex, can't really describe it.
Peachins the food place:dwillhuh: its still open??:why:

I remember we were young and my parents drove us way out there to do some shopping.. i was :skip: it was white trash back in the late 80's. I cant imagine what it looks like now.:wow:

Back in the 80's my pops was a engineer at the VW plant near New Stanton. When the plant closed in 87 they gave some employees a choice.

1.They will give u a severence package

2. Will try to get you hired back if the plant re opens or if another buyer takes it over.

3. Will pay for you to furthur your education.

Pretty generous offers :ehh: they had a good Union.

My pops took the school route. Went back and worked bullshyt jobs while he finished up his electrical engineering degree that he started then stopped when i was born.

A good majority of people took the severence pay. But. More than you think took the option 2. They swore the plant was coming back. They banked on it. They sat on their asses for years and did NOTHING.

Eventually a buyer did come thru. SONY. Came in and made big screen tvs. I worked there for a bit after i got out the Navy.

It was a good gig but no real career. We would have old VW workers from the 80's trying to pressure Sony into hiring them but at current auto worker wages:mjlol: Sony laughed and offered them what they gave all of us 14.00 bucks a hour:umad:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If at this point they still have faith in Trump then they are beyond plain fukking stupid

:yeshrug:

They have faith in whiteness and the smartest bet white people can make is to bet on white even if it means sacrificing their individual selves to ensure the survival of white supremacy.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Peachins the food place:dwillhuh: its still open??:why:

I remember we were young and my parents drove us way out there to do some shopping.. i was :skip: it was white trash back in the late 80's. I cant imagine what it looks like now.:wow:

Back in the 80's my pops was a engineer at the VW plant near New Stanton. When the plant closed in 87 they gave some employees a choice.

1.They will give u a severence package

2. Will try to get you hired back if the plant re opens or if another buyer takes it over.

3. Will pay for you to furthur your education.

Pretty generous offers :ehh: they had a good Union.

My pops took the school route. Went back and worked bullshyt jobs while he finished up his electrical engineering degree that he started then stopped when i was born.

A good majority of people took the severence pay. But. More than you think took the option 2. They swore the plant was coming back. They banked on it. They sat on their asses for years and did NOTHING.

Eventually a buyer did come thru. SONY. Came in and made big screen tvs. I worked there for a bit after i got out the Navy.

It was a good gig but no real career. We would have old VW workers from the 80's trying to pressure Sony into hiring them but at current auto worker wages:mjlol: Sony laughed and offered them what they gave all of us 14.00 bucks a hour:umad:
Yes, Peachins the food place, I knew the owner Sully, epitome of white trash with money, spent all of his riches on fukking old ass fire trucks.
LOL at New Stanton, my plant was in Youngwood, which is 1 mile over from New Stanton. 14 dollars an hour would have been lotto money for what I was paying back then. I must have went through 500 folks, and then we started bringing in work release people from the jail. Where did you live?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Yes, Peachins the food place, I knew the owner Sully, epitome of white trash with money, spent all of his riches on fukking old ass fire trucks.
LOL at New Stanton, my plant was in Youngwood, which is 1 mile over from New Stanton. 14 dollars an hour would have been lotto money for what I was paying back then. I must have went through 500 folks, and then we started bringing in work release people from the jail. Where did you live?
I lived in Monroeville. So it was a drive for me. I would just hit the turnpike. But hell yeah 14 bucks a hour was lovely for me. Those old vw workers wanted it to be like the old days. But those days were long gone.

I moved to Jax Fl. My parents are still in Monroeville tho. I go home and visit twice a year.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
I lived in Monroeville. So it was a drive for me. I would just hit the turnpike. But hell yeah 14 bucks a hour was lovely for me. Those old vw workers wanted it to be like the old days. But those days were long gone.

I moved to Jax Fl. My parents are still in Monroeville tho. I go home and visit twice a year.
Nice, I know you fukking with Vincent's pizza then, right? I miss the fukking wings down there, the best fukking wings.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What I don't understand about these folks is how there aren't at least a handful of community/union organizers who have some common sense to help these people understand how they have continually hurt their own interest. There has to be someone amongst them who can speak the right language to help them help themselves.

Until some republican or preacher calls the community organizer a commie satan worshipper and they run them out of town....... These folks are just ignorant as dog shyt on a white carpet

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because that would require honest self-reflection which is much more difficult to do than blaming brown people/liberals/etc..

Last edited:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
@fact and @General Mills in here reminiscing and shyt...

:ehh:
Lol, I know the area they talking about in the article well, and it doesn't surprise me one bit. They are ravaged by the opioid epidemic, and they do not even want the coal jobs back, they couldn't work an honest 40 hrs in any industry at this point.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
They have faith in whiteness and the smartest bet white people can make is to bet on white even if it means sacrificing their individual selves to ensure the survival of white supremacy.
How can you look at Alabama and still feign surprise that these guys are stuck on stupid?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:wow: Idiot ass country cacs, any moron could tell you coal ain't coming back.

They wanna be left to die believing the obvious lies of a conman? Let them fukking die then. And let me never hear about how we need to court these dumb fukks to win no elections ever again. If it takes promising them that they'll piss wine and shyt gold to get them to vote for you it's better to just let them fukking die in their ignorance. :martin:
Jesus coming back :hula:coal coming back.

At least they're consistent.