hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
I dunno wtf yall talking about. That neighborhood looks fine to me. Yall must not know what the South Bronx looked like in the 70's-80's.

How the Burning of the Bronx Led to the Birth of Hip-Hop | PBS |  Independent Lens

The Get Down: See Photos of the Bronx in the 1970s | Time

Documentary 'Decade of Fire' Uncovers the Story of Why the South Bronx  Burned in the 70s - Latino USA'Decade of Fire' Uncovers the Story of Why the South Bronx  Burned in the 70s - Latino USA

SLIDESHOW: See Stirring Photos of the South Bronx from the 1970s and 1980s  - Claremont - Neighborhood News - New York - DNAinfo

I didn't realize how fukked up it was until I was an adult no longer living there.

:whoo:

pics deseeve their own thread

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Depressingly, there's like two trees in that flyby.

Amazes me the lack of green in cities more East them Chicago.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Way too much trash on the ground for me. That’s one of the first signs that an area is on the come up, all of a sudden the trash is gone and trees start getting planted.

That would be a good spot to buy and rent out until all the white folks show up in mass, then sell for a lick.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Bet the plumbing and electric all fukked up. Cleaned it up nice tho

Chances are, they are. I know too much about Philly lol. I used to work at Lowe's out there years ago in 07 when people starting getting on their real estate shyt. People buy cribs, put $30-50k in them...which is big money, but they do nothing to the foundation, plumbing or electrical. It's all cosmetic. shyt will start to randomly break in 3-5 years, like floor tiles because the floor joist are beginning to sink because no one did anything to the walls.

Property in Philly is cheap for the most part, but the schools, city services suck ass. You get what you pay for.

A non-rowhouse must be super expensive out there, huh? :laugh:

There's really no single family homes in Philly. Even the rich areas are row houses. You gotta go to the far northeast (which seems like a whole other city) or random isolated blocks to see single family cribs.

This particular block i see is Saybrook Ave in southwest Philly. The area is hood, but that particular block is sweet. It's about 1/2 block from a police precinct. It's a liveable block, just like much of southwest and West Philly, it's grimey.