Ayo, We Still Banging them Chopped and Screwed Albums

One King Menes

Proud Alumni of Break-A-B$tch College
Daps
Brothers, on the way home from work I got that urge. Started with that Get your Mind Correct album. I'm bout to crack open my old cd books and pull out the Screw tapes and misc albums chopped by 5000 watts and OG ron c for the ride to/fro work:wow:

Damn, i really aint listened to lot of this shyt since 08, still banging:wow:
Who's with me?

Still bangin SCREW!!!

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Chopped and screwed is a form of hip hop quiet storm for me. A good screw can make a lame song better, and a good song great.

Emphasis on good. There's an art to it. Anything can be chopped and screw ... some nikka out there probably has a fire mix of Flight of the Bumblebee ... but not everybody has the intuitiveness to reach in there and pull greatness out.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
It really bugs me that you put screwed and chopped instead of chopped and screwed
When I was younger I knew a nikka that used to pronounce it screwed and chopped but he'd say it so fast it sounded like he was saying "screwda chop". This was back during the walkman days so I'd just be :dwillhuh: because I couldn't hear what he was listening to and was a bit curious as to what the hell screwda chop was but I just left it alone. Then one day he asked me, yo you here this "screwda chop version [insert popular song at the time]" and he lets me hear and I'm like nikka this "chopped and screwed" WTF is a scrutta chop?

Last edited:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
DJ Purpberry has me :eat: good

jklgfvo4su71.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I used to listen to nothing but texas music back in the late 90's-early 2000's. I'm tired of it. But what's worse is all the younger cacs I see trying to bang the shyt on some kind of hipster swag being all corny with it. :scust:

can't count the amout of time I've seen cacs post a pic on IG talking about "drank in my cup" or "blah blah blah mayne". "We sippin lean:troll:".