Babylon | Jan 2023 | Brad Pitt & Margot Robbie in 1920s Hollywood

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just watched this at an advanced screening. This is my movie of the year so far. it doesn’t feel like 3 hours (it’s 189 mins total), due to the nonstop fukkery, debauchery, and shifting between the characters storylines. I don’t want to spoil it much, but I highly recommend it.

I went into it blind knowing nothing and definitely had a great time. I’ll leave a quick synopsis below for others who need some background info

If I had to describe it to someone, I’d say that it’s an ode to cinema through the lens of various players of the 1920s silent film era scene (a star, a nobody, a rising star, and a background player). You navigate each persons careers as advancements occur through Hollywood (the talkies), and see where it takes them.

The two standouts are easily Diego Calvo (who was in attendance at the screening and did a Q&A after) and Jovan Adepo. They played their roles perfectly, and stole every scene that they were in? Especially Calvo. I expect an Oscar nomination for him, Pitt, Chazelle, and Robbie. Give this film a try, especially if you’re a cinema fan, Damien Chazelle hasn’t missed yet!

Tobey fukking McGuire :russ: dude played his small role perfectly

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just saw a teaser for this when I was watching the Eagles game. They moved the release date up to this Friday.

I'll wait to watch it at home. I can't watch movies this long in theatres unfortunately.