Albums Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti ~ A Summer Without You (2022) (Discussion Thread)

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
sonically it's fire...I just wish he would switch the content up....honestly him and drake should collaborate again(with drake speaking his native tongue)...they would really dominate as a unit

Daps
Made it through my 1st listen.

Probably the most positive thing I can say about this album initially is that it's very different from what he's done in the past. He's seemingly made an effort to get away from his reggaeton/dembow/trap music roots. He's singing more than rapping on this album. And while he's done that in the past, the beats have tended to keep a more urban feel to them. Not this time. I'm sure it will appeal to some fans but I think it's too far of a journey from what fans have come to expect from him.

As I'm looking through this album's credits (Un Verano Sin Ti - Wikipedia) there appears to be way less diversity in terms of producers. This is almost entirely MAG/La Paciencia on everything. Maybe this is why so many songs sound the same.
In contrast, his YHLQMDLG album had several producers...and several people with writing credits also.

I couldn't even list any one song that would be a banger. "Despues De La Playa" appeals to me but I don't see it crossing over. And "Callaita" is like 3 years old now.
This is going to be a let down for a lot of people.

I'd give it 2 stars out of 5.
Agree with almost all of this. I quickly realized it’s sonically a lot different than previous projects. He’s put out a LOT of music in the last few years especially post-pandemic to capitalize on his astronomical buzz, and I guess for the sake of not releasing the same songs over and over again he took a different direction here. Overall, I’d give it a 3 out of 5 though I’m not sure how much that’ll change since the albums usually grow on me (either just with time or because I always hear it everywhere).

Not complaining since it’s a perfect summer song, but im surprised Callaita even made the cut given its age. I would definitely say I fully expect to hear Party with Rauw in the clubs.

As far as his albums for me it’s:
YHLQMDLG
X100 PRE
El Último Tour Del Mundo
Oasis with J Balvin
Las Que no iban a salir
Un Verano Sin Ti

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
I listened to this album 20 times .. do I dare say it’s better than x100pre .. don’t know but I’m loving it rn

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from Colombia….this album is getting crazy burn over there

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The more I hear the album a few more songs have grown on me.

I still say it’s not a banger of an album but it’s not bad either.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Was recently in Miami and this album (and Karol G) were playing EVERYWHERE. Not a big BB fan but that "Titi Me Pregunto" song goes :wow:

The video - which looks like a block party in NYC - seemed like it was hella fun too.