Balatro - Poker Roguelike - (All Platforms) 94% on metacritic (February 20, 2024)

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Man this shyt is crack and a half. Had to make myself to get off the game only because it was already dark and I was dressed to cut the grass :laff:
The game becomes more addicting once you learn more about the game and different strategies you can use. I've already clocked 100+ hours in the game and there's still a lot I need to discover

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
I have been playing this game for over a week now and I can not beat a run to save my life. This is getting frustrated. Any tips on how to beat a run? Some of the boss blinds are just getting to me, especially the ones in which the cards are face down

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have been playing this game for over a week now and I can not beat a run to save my life. This is getting frustrated. Any tips on how to beat a run? Some of the boss blinds are just getting to me, especially the ones in which the cards are face down
Failure is needed due to earning better joker cards as you fail. I think the trap many fall into is being complacent. What I mean by that is no when to get rid of certain jokers. I think it's important to know when to switch jokers or keep certain jokers due to being strong for your build. .

For the early antes it's important to finish each round with using only a hand or 2. It's important to build up money early, so you can have flexibility because that is key. So, make sure you're not fighting for your life in the first 3 antes tbh. Also, don't be scared to get jokers that help you earn money because those jokers are pretty good early

planet cards are very important, so try and open as many as you can to make your deck stronger. I would also like to add don't fall into the flush trap and let it happen naturally because I feel flush focused decks can fall into some issues due to boss blinds. If you're looking for an easy build you could try to power your way through two pairs because that is one of the mos flexible hand type to build towards because there are many jokers that works with it.

Overall, build money early, learn to let go and upgrade jokers, and power up hand types. I think those are key stuff you need to do to survive. Lastly, if you have a x multipler joker, then build that shyt up and make sure its on the right of your joker slot because that is when its most effective . Last point I forgot to add do whatever you can to beat the boss blind or try and see if you can reroll your way out of getting of a boss joker that will kill your build, but even then you have to prepare. Also, don't be scared about skipping a round due to some of the rounds can provide better benefits then using the shop

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
Failure is needed due to earning better joker cards as you fail. I think the trap many fall into is being complacent. What I mean by that is no when to get rid of certain jokers. I think it's important to know when to switch jokers or keep certain jokers due to being strong for your build. .

For the early antes it's important to finish each round with using only a hand or 2. It's important to build up money early, so you can have flexibility because that is key. So, make sure you're not fighting for your life in the first 3 antes tbh. Also, don't be scared to get jokers that help you earn money because those jokers are pretty good early

planet cards are very important, so try and open as many as you can to make your deck stronger. I would also like to add don't fall into the flush trap and let it happen naturally because I feel flush focused decks can fall into some issues due to boss blinds. If you're looking for an easy build you could try to power your way through two pairs because that is one of the mos flexible hand type to build towards because there are many jokers that works with it.

Overall, build money early, learn to let go and upgrade jokers, and power up hand types. I think those are key stuff you need to do to survive. Lastly, if you have a x multipler joker, then build that shyt up and make sure its on the right of your joker slot because that is when its most effective . Last point I forgot to add do whatever you can to beat the boss blind or try and see if you can reroll your way out of getting of a boss joker that will kill your build, but even then you have to prepare. Also, don't be scared about skipping a round due to some of the rounds can provide better benefits then using the shop
Gonna use these tips and try it out again later on. Thanks man