Baldur's Gate 3 'Isn't Going to be on Game Pass', Insists Larian Boss

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finding broke or low capital individuals and funding their ideas in exchange for a level of ownership to the rights isn't trying to out Sony Sony it's a business practice as old as time. When an author signs a book deal the publisher retains rights to publish the series. That author isn't taking that same series and walking to another publisher for example.

Microsoft is trying to do what DC did against pre-Endgame Marvel. Without doing the groundwork they tried to backwards launch a connected film universe off Man of Steel and Batman v Superman jumping right into Justice League meanwhile Marvel was laying out movies for many years to build up to Infinity War.

They're out here buying whole publishers and canceling in-progress games on rival platforms while not having the vision to see something like Redfall being release would just harm their reputation for quality and should have been canned. Go back and look at Sony. In the PS3 days they'd put out something like Lair. That kinda stuff doesn't really happen so much anymore because their leadership has the experience over time to know what games to nip in the bud.

Microsoft went out there and hyped up Redfall. They hyped up Starfield and when these games came out the reception didn't go as planned. Meanwhile Hi-Fi Rush was a shadow drop and was one of their best received games but got zero hype cycle before release. Do they even really know what they're doing?
The fact that you think Microsoft hyped up starfield anymore than 1st 2nd or 3rd party company would says alot.

This whole forum is a in depth look at the people who had starfield on the brain and still can't stop making threads about it.

MS is currently laying the ground work for the direction they are going, I really don't understand how y'all can't see it, this goes back them trying to "out Sony, Sony"

Sony doesn't do a lot of things they use to do back in the PS3 or 2 days, games like heavenly swords, legend of dragon, mark of kri, I can't remember the last time something remotely close to any of that came out of the first party Sony camp, I mean fans have been begging for a bloodborne and can't even get that.

but hey small price to pay for tlous, Spiderman, gow, and ratchet games I guess.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fact that you think Microsoft hyped up starfield anymore than 1st 2nd or 3rd party company would says alot.

This whole forum is a in depth look at the people who had starfield on the brain and still can't stop making threads about it.

MS is currently laying the ground work for the direction they are going, I really don't understand how y'all can't see it, this goes back them trying to "out Sony, Sony"

Sony doesn't do a lot of things they use to do back in the PS3 or 2 days, games like heavenly swords, legend of dragon, mark of kri, I can't remember the last time something remotely close to any of that came out of the first party Sony camp, I mean fans have been begging for a bloodborne and can't even get that.

but hey small price to pay for tlous, Spiderman, gow, and ratchet games I guess.
They had a whole dedicated segment to hyping up Starfield after their Not-E3 showcase.

The groundwork Microsoft is laying out is buying entire publishers off the market who are arguably in a state of decline and yanking all their in development games off rival platforms making them Xbox console exclusives. Hyping up whatever big budget games they had in development with a level of obliviousness to what level of reception the final product is going to get.

The criticism that Sony doesn't really vary their game output anymore is fair. It's also irrelevant because Sony has shown a level of awareness to what their core fans want that for most of Xbox's existence Microsoft has never shown. Yeah some fans morn the loss of stuff like Ape Escape, Gravity Rush, and Dark Cloud but as Sony has nailed down their focus to their current style of AAA games they're most popular for their success has increased and they let their third party partners cover the gaps in their lineup.

They don't have to make a Bloodborne 2 because Fromsoftware is making games on the platform anyway. It's clear their decision not to make that game has not reduced their fortune.