Balenciaga straight jacked the Ruff Ryders logo

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Isn't this entire situation what Hip-Hop is based off of? Haven't past musicians listened to a sample that was used and thought "Goddamn, that's a blatant rip off!" Didn't Dapper Dan produce fake Gucci, LV merchandise etc?

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
bro don't do it to yourself

its ignorant trolling...don't take the bait :damn:

here's the only other look that was given to a black model to wear (this is a year after them saying they wouldn't have black models walk for vetements because the clothes were made using 'inspiration' from the founders friends and surroundings)

Vetements-2017-2018-Menswear.jpg

28 looks based on the 'everyman' in paris and these are the only two types of black people you see huh? :mjpls:

That shyt hoard tho...:mjgrin:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Denma Gvasalia, current Creative Director of Baleniciaga, and head honcho of Vetements, is a huge racist who once tried to defend only using white models in his fashion shows and blatantly jacks black culture motifs for his collections without a care in the world. He only started using black models in his lookbooks and runway shows because he got called out on it by many. One of his replications was of a Snoop Dogg t-shirt from that 90s that he sold under the Vetements label for a hefty $900. Cats like him are the weirdos from Europe with their scraggly beards and stove top hats walking through the hoods of Brooklyn looking hella out of place on their little hood tourism trips/gentrification expeditions looking for "inspiration" they can pillage from without having to even associate with the people who created these styles all while looking down on them. I'm personally just happy Swizz Beats called his punk ass out.

Demna Gvasalia of Vetements Explains Why He Wouldn't Buy His Own DHL Shirt

On only hiring white models:

“Well, I thought at a time when Donald Trump might be a President of the United States that I, a clothes maker, have to make political statement about ethnic diversity is funny,” says Gvasalia, not looking remotely tickled. “Our criteria for choosing models was purely based on the idea of diversity of character. We had very different types of girls but Lotta [Volkova, stylist and model] who works with me, we come from this cultural background where [race] is not even an issue. We don’t even have that thing to think we have to be politically correct. I guess the criticism is justified but from my point of view it was the attitude of those girls that was important for me not the shade of their skin or their origin.”

:mjpls: