Ballet Teacher Is Going Viral After Voicing Her Frustrations With Kids And Parents. "Kids Want To Dance To PoundTown."

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Most of ya'll dont GAF about your kids :yeshrug: :

keep thinking that loosening your standards is helping your kids.

Meanwhile, lil Ming Wei is getting beethoven drilled into them at 8 and is on the track to Stanford and a cushy 160k job at graduation.

This late stage capitalism game is only going to benefit those who have resources and foresight, and very few who were lucky. Don’t let your kids be in a position to be lucky to make it. Have a plan for them and realize that, on some level, you are going to have to hold your children to an unfair standard that is in someway derived from white supremacy in order to position them for success.

I mean... I don't have to ask her. I'm with her all the time, I take her to the bus stop, pick her up from school, take her to gymnastics, take her to tennis practice, my wife and I don't listen to any of that shyt with our kids. To be honest, my wife didn't even know who Sexxy Redd was until like a month ago, when I pulled up some of her songs for her on Youtube one night after she saw a clip of her on Funny Marco's show.

My daughter isn't into hiphop or pop music at all right now. Only songs she's requesting are Disney songs. And that's because I don't be blasting explicit music around her at home or in the car. It's very intentional.

I just watched her whole rant video.

I agree with her. Young kids (pre-K and early elementary) are handed cellphones and tablets before they can even talk, plus they see their parents/adults consumed by the same tech all the time, so it creates a lot of the issues she was speaking about. Kids not having any attention span, kids can't focus, kids can't take directions, kids aren't communicating like they should be at 5 and 6 etc. Really, she was spot on with her analysis. And a lot of it does start at home. Parents have to be active with their kids, have conversation with them, build up their vocabulary... don't let them learn all that from these screens.

It's not easy, and I even recognize that we all can be better at putting the tech down and engaging with your family on a real level. But if you're not acknowledging this at all and don't even think it's necessary to monitor usage for kids then that's a problem. I remember when I was in elementary, the big thing for my generation was video games (Genesis, Super Nintendo and then Playstation later on). My mom noticed how much time I was spending on that stuff, and basically put a rule in place that there were no video games during the week... only on the weekends. It helped that my parents had me in sports and other after school programs as well.

But something as little as that stuck with me for the rest of my life. It instilled the concept of prioritizing things at an early age. To this day, I can't really indulge in leisure activities when I know I have more important things that need to be done or taken care of.
Shout out to the brehs who understand proper child rearing.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
It's the parents being one dimensional and ONLY raising them on one thing. My pops played Goodie Mob, Seal, Gospel, RnB, World Music, Jazz, electronic etc. It's also their peers telling them they're white if they play an instrument. Music is emphasized in our culture heavily so "it's just entertainment" isnt a good excuse. If you can't dance in our community (participate in the music) you're corny. So YES, music DOES INFLUENCE US MORE. The main in-group has to change because it's boxing the kids in and kids will be ignorant to fit in even if they are bright. Also the parents are not actively parenting.
Where they do that at :skip:

It's black kids in the marching band at every school. Who don't like the drum section, saxophones, or brass section?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Where they do that at :skip:

It's black kids in the marching band at every school. Who don't like the drum section, saxophones, or brass section?
The main peer in-group that says all this ignorant shyt and boxes black kids in doesn’t give a fukk about band or being in band. Band kids don’t fit in with them

Braman

Superstar
Daps
This will be random anf to some but some will get it… anybody remember Grimes from The Simpsons?

He was the only one in the simpsons universe that could see Homer was a complete dumbass. :heh: Buddy was walking around ‘y’all can’t see this shyt?:damn:’ And everyone is just blissfully ignrwnt and accepting of the bullshyt and Grimes goes crazy

That’s what this is. That’s where we are as a society. The concept of what was once normal has been turned upside down. So anyone still operating along those lines is now the crazy one. And the common denominator is women’s happiness and autonomy. We will watch the world burn before we check women, in this case the nutjob sex worker influenced generation of women who are now parents

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
The main peer in-group that says all this ignorant shyt and boxes black kids in doesn’t give a fukk about band or being in band. Band kids don’t fit in with them

You can find people that get made fun of for doing anything

It's people that think playing sports is lame. By and large, people don't look down on kids for being in the band

Most people are gonna end up either on the football team or marching band in school anyway. Both need each other so it's very unlikely to be any animosity between each other. There are always exceptions but it ain't many people being made fun of for knowing how to play an instrument

If anything, it gets more respect cause most people can't do it.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Drones online have been parroting 'well we sung this or that song when we were kids' as if we were doing that in class or in front of our parents. I wasn't even allowed to curse in my house growing up, more importantly I never heard my parents do it either. This is like that youngboy themed birthday party drama all over again.
Same, i was a grown man by first time i heard my father curse. It really Threw me off.:pachaha:

I was staring at him like , “damn, i didnt know you came with that feature”:ohhh:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Drones online have been parroting 'well we sung this or that song when we were kids' as if we were doing that in class or in front of our parents. I wasn't even allowed to curse in my house growing up, more importantly I never heard my parents do it either. This is like that youngboy themed birthday party drama all over again.
Ppl snitch on their bad upbringing without knowing

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yo you can really tell class differences with simple exchanges like this. There is absolutely no reason why a 6YO should know SexyyRed lyrics :heh:
People gonna get mad at this comment but….you right. As a man it is malpractice to get these types of women pregnant. Leave them alone. Holidays coming up fellas. Peep the young children and who can speak in complete sentences and who can’t at 4-6 years old. And I guarantee you the quality of the mother will be the issue.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
People gonna get mad at this comment but….you right. As a man it is malpractice to get these types of women pregnant. Leave them alone. Holidays coming up fellas. Peep the young children and who can speak in complete sentences and who can’t at 4-6 years old. And I guarantee you the quality of the mother will be the issue.
🙌🏾

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched her whole rant video.

I agree with her. Young kids (pre-K and early elementary) are handed cellphones and tablets before they can even talk, plus they see their parents/adults consumed by the same tech all the time, so it creates a lot of the issues she was speaking about. Kids not having any attention span, kids can't focus, kids can't take directions, kids aren't communicating like they should be at 5 and 6 etc. Really, she was spot on with her analysis. And a lot of it does start at home. Parents have to be active with their kids, have conversation with them, build up their vocabulary... don't let them learn all that from these screens.

It's not easy, and I even recognize that we all can be better at putting the tech down and engaging with your family on a real level. But if you're not acknowledging this at all and don't even think it's necessary to monitor usage for kids then that's a problem. I remember when I was in elementary, the big thing for my generation was video games (Genesis, Super Nintendo and then Playstation later on). My mom noticed how much time I was spending on that stuff, and basically put a rule in place that there were no video games during the week... only on the weekends. It helped that my parents had me in sports and other after school programs as well.

But something as little as that stuck with me for the rest of my life. It instilled the concept of prioritizing things at an early age. To this day, I can't really indulge in leisure activities when I know I have more important things that need to be done or taken care of.

:whew:

Daps
a lot of people just force their kids into shyt because of societal norms or whatever, complete lack of parenting creativity that also leads to kids even knowing songs by sexyy redd cuz parents can't be moved to change the station or not have their kids babysat by a tablet.

maybe those girls would make better use of a different dance class or a production class or something :yeshrug: