bands with no lead singer?

mr x

Superstar
Daps
The backstreet boys were very unique in that 4 of the 5 vocalists pretty much shared singing duties(to my knowledge. I know mainly just the singles)

Even bands that didn't necessarily have a "lead" singer, tended to go to one singer the others( i.e. wanya in boys to men) or had two leads (jt and jc in nsync, paul and john)

So knowledgeable members of the lounge...what other bands have the no lead singer dynamic?

*I actually googled this before hitting submit, but of course you get little context if you don't know the bands' material...I think it's an interesting topic nontheless.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

almost a little frustrated you noted the backstreet boys over them as your example :ufdup:

Used them cause they're a boy band which usually uses the same formula.
They don't play instruments, so the dynamic is more noteworthy. I mean, in a conventional rock band, everyone has their specialty so even if you're not a singer you get shine.
"Man, george really killed that riff."

In some instances the instrumentalists are just as popular as the singer(i.e. page, richards)

In a group of 5 singers, for 3 or 4 singers to do back up on every song is funny. Like they're really just there so the dance choreography looks better. Lol.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Also, I don't want to lie and act like i'm familar with crosby, stills, nash, and young's work. I don't know how often each member takes lead.

So i'm glad for the input

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I want this thread to be educational.

Despite having no lead, are there bands in which one singer's songs charted better...does singer A blow singer B,C,D outta the water?

Whatever anyone wants to contribute is cool.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
#tsc brehs...would heath slater be considered the lead for 3mb? I don't think they have enough material to full say.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Not necessarily, look at The Carpenters.

I guess that falls under post 5 requisite....a situation where you had one singer over time be used more frequently due to talent, popularity, etc.(according to my research)

Thanks for the drop.

I enjoy learning about artists even if i'm not particularly inclined to listen to them.

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
So you're talking about bands where different members take lead vocals, depending on the song?

Blink 182 does that.

As does Fugazi (but they've never been on the charts).

Dinosaur Jr. is almost always J Mascis on lead vocals ... But Lou Barlow songs lead on some tracks.

Pixies had Black Francis and Kim Deal each singing lead.

If you mean bands with two true lead singers - Dance Hall Crashers. Two female singers that collaborate as lead on songs. Interesting dynamic.

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess that falls under post 5 requisite....a situation where you had one singer over time be used more frequently due to talent, popularity, etc.(according to my research)

Thanks for the drop.

I enjoy learning about artists even if i'm not particularly inclined to listen to them.

That's sorta true with The Carpenters, but I think they figured out very early on that Karen was the better singer. Interesting sidenote, she was a badass drummer too. RIP Karen Carpenter

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Band eh.....:patrice:

YOU are white my friend.

:ufdup: WTF is a band. It's a GROUP around here...

30397fff7cae6566be8853c70462d711.gif