smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Says should be his last season.

Barkley on Kobe Bryant: 'Old people don't get healthy; they die'

6_3626408.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)
NBA on TNT analyst Charles Barkley is never shy about sharing his opinion and, as you would expect, he has plenty of thoughts on Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Kobe Bryantcontinuing his career after being limited to only 41 games over the past two seasons due to injuries.

Last week, Barkley appeared on Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine's show on SiriusXM NBA Radio and didn't hold anything back when discussing why he hopes that this will be Kobe's last hurrah in the NBA.

"I hope he retires, because I don't want to see — I probably played two years too long. I hate to see Patrick Ewing, great as he was, struggle — I don't like seeing great players just out there, you know?" Barkley said. "Michael Jordan playing for the Wizards, that didn't do anything for me. Kobe's obviously not going to walk away from $30 million. This should be like a farewell tour, play 20, 25 minutes a night. The Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs. Could he play some more? Yeah, of course. His best days are behind him. I hear these fools on TV, talking about, 'Kobe's going to get healthy.' Old people don't get healthy; they die. Old people don't get healthy. Father Time is undefeated. ... You can get in great shape in the summer, because you're playing against air. Air doesn't hit back."

While Father Time may be undefeated, Bryant has to hope that his body is up to the task of knocking the old timer off of the totem pole. Should he do that, Kobe may even leave the always talkative Barkley with nothing to say on the subject.

UPDATE:

The Lakers legend caught wind of Barkley's comments and showed off his Internet skills by responding with a hilarious gif.

Last edited:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
at this point, :childplease: should keep playing as long as he wants. he got nothing to prove. he could transition into a role player like KG did.
Yeah he should, i just don't ever see Kobe having a role player mentality. Even when he was with Shaq, he didn't have that role player mentality.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah he should, i just don't ever see Kobe having a role player mentality. Even when he was with Shaq, he didn't have that role player mentality.

:ohhh: I just don't ever see him being able to easily walk away from the game. he's got nothing else. it's not like he's got friends or hobbies to keep him busy if he retires.

he just got money and his immediate fam.