Basketball culture (from hs and up) is one full of fakes, phonies and weirdos

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
I look at the situation with Kevin Porter Jr in Cleveland last week and see the direct correlation as far as these cats not getting necessary life/social skills coming up through the youth hoops process.

These young bruhs get coddled along with the idea that they are a walking check but when things go slightly left everything can blow up. Mike Beasley is another example.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I look at the situation with Kevin Porter Jr in Cleveland last week and see the direct correlation as far as these cats not getting necessary life/social skills coming up through the youth hoops process.

These young bruhs get coddled along with the idea that they are a walking check but when things go slightly left everything can blow up. Mike Beasley is another example.

Imma shoot KPJ some bail no that nikka must not of had anybody on the team he can talk to on a friend level to tell him before he came back that they moved his stuff from his locker for covid reason that’s all that had to be done nobody not vet or even the younger guys gave him a heads up. Yes KPJ needs to work on his life and social skills but I would be mad to if somebody went into my personal stuff and moved it without telling me it’s a common curtesy at least

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played AAU from 1999 until 2004. The jackals and sharks of sports marketing/ scouting were just beginning to emerge when they realized that AAU was where basketball players were focusing their attention to. It's a total money making machine now and I'm glad I'm not 13-18yo in 2021 :yeshrug:

With that said, AAU was some of the most fun I've ever had as a kid. Most of us just played at the time because we were looking for outlets to being able to play ball all year round. Played soccer and football growing up, but basketball was always my passion, so AAU was just a means to keep up with playing in the off season for school. My coaches were mostly local, came up through my own HS in two instances, and were relatively humble and untainted at the time. My last season in AAU was playing for a coach that was basically a kid who was only 3 years older than us that came up in our town and is now Russ' personal trainer. We didn't deal with pompous a$$holes for coaches so we were fortunate in that sense.

Attention was shifting away slightly from well known camps like 5 Star and ABCD when they realized the juggernaut that the AAU circuit was poised to represent moving forward

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You can say this about every sport

Dabo Sweeny & Mike Gundy be going to recruits homes telling their parents he will be taken care of yet the coaches are MAGA supporters

CFB coaches will do anything to get recruits..Tennessee just got busted for giving players money in McDonalds bags

I know for a fact a old student of mine who plays football from Alabama didn’t have shyt when he was down here but now he has a brand new mustang :mjlol:

it just ain’t limited to basketball

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps

Dabo Sweeny & Mike Gundy be going to recruits homes telling their parents he will be taken care of yet the coaches are MAGA supporters

CFB coaches will do anything to get recruits..Tennessee just got busted for giving players money in McDonalds bags

I know for a fact a old student of mine who plays football from Alabama didn’t have shyt when he was down here but now he has a brand new mustang :mjlol:

Ive always said that college football coaches are the closest thing to plantation overseers in todays world.
For those with NFL talent, its a necessary sacrifice. For everyone else, it's glorfied buck breaking

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Ever since marcus liberty and Juwan Howard as a social thing.
it has Been increasingly this way.

Art Barr

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Soccer is probably the worst one