BDP "Build and Destroy" appreciation thread

CAC Dogg

Rookie
Daps

I've never respected an artist more than for a song like this. :salute:

I know it sounds whiny, but its hard to be white and listen to hip hop...... I'll be playing something like KRS' "self destruction' and my own family thinks I am betraying them and advocating murder n shyt... they are that ignorant... I don't talk to my own brother any more over this shyt...then ill be thought of as a poser by most black people, just for listening to the music I love... its really not that fun. :smugbiden:

Hip hop opened my eyes to all the injust shyt going on in the country, I wouldn't have known virtually anything without hip hop... I just woulda had a bunch of complex delusions... it helped me get through the hardest times of my life, helped me deal with death of my family and friends, helped me relate to people I might of otherwise hated...

I love hip hop. :aicmon:

but i'm hated by most white and black people...thats why I think this track is dope... I feel like this is the white hip hop fan's version of "keep ya head up".:pachaha:

I really respect KRS for speaking out and sticking up for me...most rappers just hate on all white people. I can imagine how hard it is to stick up for white people in this country, with it's history, I really appreciate him not lumping us all in the same group.

"I love the way I am and can't nobody out here change me!" - :krs:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a classic song, hard and real. I wouldn't say most rappers hate white people, they hate the oppressive racist white peope, justifiably. Hip Hop is about judging peope on their skill and character not their race.

CAC Dogg

Rookie
Daps
I wouldn't say most rappers hate white people, they hate the oppressive racist white peope, justifiably. Hip Hop is about judging peope on their skill and character not their race.

thats true.

what I meant to say was its cool he's talking out against anti-white racism... means a lot coming from someone like KRS who's respected for his thoughts as much as his skills.