Be Fathers Brehs!!!!

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
So I'm kicking it with my :flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick: ass old man rn...and he's telling me what it was like raising 4 bad ass kids. So imma tell yall a story.

I was born in the early 90's...the second of four children. :blessed:

My dad was a recent HS dropout. When my mama told him she was pregnant again he went and got his GED "so she would know he was serious about the relationship :mjcry:

My granddaddy didn't spend a lot of time with my dad and my uncles cuz it was 6 of them and he had to work. (My grandparents had all 6 of their kids by age 18. :wow:)

So my daddy made sure to try and motivate me and my brother in a lot of things like:

Cars. My daddy had some bad ass cars brehs. This is (was) his 1981 Pontiac Trans-Am (sorry for the pics of pics)

sketch-1497785884327_zps53ufshmu.png

Baby Elcoupe on the hood of the T/A :wow:

sketch-1497785831468_zpsh73ifwps.png

I bought my Z28 because of this car.:wow:

20160430_235642-1_zpspuh1wzwn.jpg

(He also had a 1988 Cutlass Supreme and later on a 1968 Cutlass S. He wouldn't get up and go get the damn pictures tho:beli:)

It started out as him wanting us to know how to fix cars but (and I quote) "then when yall got older I just wanted those ragly ass cars out of my driveway" :mjlol:

Anayways...he also made sure we played sports...starting EARLY :myman: "because he didn't want his kids to be fat" :ehh:

sketch-1497786630323_zpsf3ebxywm.png

Unfortunately none of us cracked 6':francis:

So football became the family sport:blessed:

And last but not least...he worked his ass off so that we could be fresh:whew:

sketch-1497786634587_zpspmshz9wj.png

Until my brother was in the 9th grade and I was in the 7th grade and he cut us off:francis: it was 3 for $10 tall tees ONLY that school year:francis:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
That post was long as shyt so I'm breaking it up.

Anyway...the moral of the story is LOVE YOUR FATHER'S BREHS. No matter what y'all have between y'all, or if he was there, if he was too harsh, whatever. Don't matter. Me and my brother have been in fistfights with my dad, we both left the house on bad terms. But still...because:

About a year ago...pops was riding his motorcycle and a woman made an unprotected left and hit him.

The impact broke his right collarbone, his sternum, his right wrist, and his left tibia.

He was strong enough in the moment to pick the bike up out of the street and pull it into the grass over the curb.

He passed out after that.

He spent 9 days in the ICU. Scariest shyt I've ever seen.

17 days total in the hopsital.

3 more months of barely being able to move.

They told him it would be 2 years (if ever) before he could go back to work.

9 months after he left the hosptial he was back working. Been healthy ever since.

I came real close to losing my father. So if you have yours, go see him today. Or call him. Hit him up on FB. Let him know you appreciate him while you can. Because if you ever get that call that I got...its a motherfukker. So don't leave anything in the air.

Happy Father's Day brehs.

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
Respek to all the real men who worked all their lives, lived honest lives and supported and lead their households..taught young boys how to be men...That's something that's missing these days. Happy Fathers day!

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
:mjcry:

Who's cutting onions on TheColi.

I love my dad. His:flabbynsick: ass.

Still :myman: plus I have his ugly ass name.
Lmao I just asked him why he didn't name any of the boys after him.

"Don't nobody want this ugly ass name. Iono what the hell my mama was thinking..:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Its funny. As much as I couldn't stand this man from 12 to about 21 I basically spent that entire portion of my life trying to be him.

Minus the bad ass kids:whoa:

Your grandfather was doing the most.

My grandaddy's daddy was OLD when he had him. He's the youngest of 16 siblings. His dad was a sharecropper.

So he was raised in a very outdated, "make a family that can support itself" kind of way.:manny: