Beasts Collide: UFC Fight Night 110 Derrick Lewis vs Mark Hunt Discussion (6/10/17)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
Lewis gat damn breh what happened :what:
Throwin all them goof ass kicks is what tired em out this was his fight to win too:mjcry:Hunt was shellshocked just ready for the pickin good win for Samoan tho

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Lewis had a previous back injury and carrying all that extra weight doesn't help. If he got down to the 240-245 range and leaned out it would serve him well

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Didn't hear about the Lewis back injury if that's what got him contemplating retirement do it or take a long break. Enjoy your life

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Lewis/Hunt lasted longer than I expected. First Johnson, then Lewis with the surprise retirement :dwillhuh:

Pichel gets a big win after being out of the sport for 3 years :ehh:

Ben 10 looked really good in finishing Tim Elliot :ehh:

Cutelaba might be a fighter to watch out for in the LHW division :whoo:

That Hooker knee to Pierson :wow:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Lewis gat damn breh what happened :what:
Throwin all them goof ass kicks is what tired em out this was his fight to win too:mjcry:Hunt was shellshocked just ready for the pickin good win for Samoan tho
Yeah but it's a colossal tragedy for the division, who really wants to see hunt/stipe 2 or hunt against anyone but Cain at this point. All the strides and hype Lewis had and not only does he lose in an embarrassing manner but he hints at retirement? Results like these can be applauded for such things as the sports unpredictability but I think its a low light and embarrassing. Would rather he was KOd

Last edited:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but it's a colossal tragedy for the division, who really wants to see hunt/stipe 2 or hunt against anyone but Cain at this point. All the strides and hype Lewis had and not only does he lose in an embarrassing manner but he hints at retirement? Results like these can be applauded for such things as the sports unpredictability but I think its a low light and embarrassing. Would rather he was KOd
Hunt isn't close to a title shot with Stipe and realistically Lewis was at least 2 wins away himself(that's including the Hunt fight if he could have won that). Lewis was an exposal waiting to happen once he fought guys at a higher level, dude really didn't show much improvement in his conditioning or anything added to his skill level, other than those kicks that he threw with no set up. Its amazing he's reached the level he has with how limited his game is.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Hunt isn't close to a title shot with Stipe and realistically Lewis was at least 2 wins away himself(that's including the Hunt fight if he could have won that).
he beat a fighter that had hype behind him and was higher ranked he just needs one win against a name with a streak and they'd book him against stipe easily. The only reason to slow the roll is the lawsuit

Lewis was an exposal waiting to happen once he fought guys at a higher level, dude really didn't show much improvement in his conditioning or anything added to his skill level, other than those kicks that he threw with no set up. Its amazing he's reached the level he has with how limited his game is.
no one said he was a world beater the division is in dire need of new blood that's on the younger side, irrespective of his skill set him losing is detrimental to the division as we've already seen what hunt has to offer

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What did I watch last night lol

Lewis kicking was hilarious. It was a decent fight for 2 rounds. By round 3 and 4 I didn't know wtf was going on. Lewis stayed on the fence, hands down on his hips with his chin up in the air most of round 4

The stoppage was :wtf: but Lewis didn't even contest it, seemed like he was glad it's over. Sucks he fought with a back injury.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
What did I watch last night lol

Lewis kicking was hilarious. It was a decent fight for 2 rounds. By round 3 and 4 I didn't know wtf was going on. Lewis stayed on the fence, hands down on his hips with his chin up in the air most of round 4

The stoppage was :wtf: but Lewis didn't even contest it, seemed like he was glad it's over. Sucks he fought with a back injury.
did he tho or is this another poo poo ducktale, I mean he looked pretty nimble for those 2 rounds looking like a ballerina. And what's a man that size doing switch kicks for when he has a bad back?:why:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did he tho or is this another poo poo ducktale, I mean he looked pretty nimble for those 2 rounds looking like a ballerina. And what's a man that size doing switch kicks for when he has a bad back?:why:

You got a good point, he was kicking well prior to gassing. but we've watched dudes throw punches with broken hands before :manny: who knows

His fighting posture really got bad around the third, he started standing straight up a lot. tbh I thought he hurt his leg on Hunt's shins before he said anything about his back post fight.