Before Video Cameras & Forensics how did criminals get caught?

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Let me first of start by saying I am not a criminal and do not condone criminal activity in anyway Mr. Officer on your spy account :wtb:

Now that's out of the way a lot of the time when I'm watching shows with a criminal element e.g. CSI, Dexter I always think the days before forensics and security cameras committing murder, robbery or theft would be pretty easy to get away with it if you had a decent plan, hid your identity and got away.:lupe:

Obviously there were aspects to content with like people partners getting caught and snitching, eye witnesses and just being a fool and fukking up but those are still factors today:jbhmm:

It leads me to think that mad crazy craft cacs killed and robbed a whole load of people and they buried out in the lands while criminal cac raising a family of 3 on that stolen money / sleeping peacefully on a couple bodies.:whoa:

Am I missing something here and being stupid since I'm not about that criminal life and don't know shyt or do people think this too?

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
a lot of crimes go unsolved :yeshrug:

this isnt csi or svu where the detectives or police always find the culprit.

if were talking murder, a normal persons killer can get narrowed down because how many people hate someone enough to kill you? and the people in their life usually know a situation where they got into it with somebody or someone that would have a grudge against them.

but if they cant find a solid motive for why someone was killed, it gets infinitely harder to zero in on somebody especially if the suspects seemingly all have alibis. then for your standard murder robberies your counting on witnesses to get you a description and if there are none...whoever did it gg:francis:

if you planned it out well enough you could probably get away with getting someone you dont like.

actually think about arron hernandez:ohhh:

dude killed two guys after having an altercation in the club, but the only reason he got caught for those particular murders is because of a different one and it opened up investigation further into his life.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
a lot of crimes go unsolved :yeshrug:

this isnt csi or svu where the detectives or police always find the culprit.

if were talking murder, a normal persons killer can get narrowed down because how many people hate someone enough to kill you? and the people in their life usually know a situation where they got into it with somebody or someone that would have a grudge against them.

but if they cant find a solid motive for why someone was killed, it gets infinitely harder to zero in on somebody especially if the suspects seemingly all have alibis. then for your standard murder robberies your counting on witnesses to get you a description and if there are none...whoever did it gg:francis:

if you planned it out well enough you could probably get away with getting someone you dont like.

actually think about arron hernandez:ohhh:

dude killed two guys after having an altercation in the club, but the only reason he got caught for those particular murders is because of a different one and it opened up investigation further into his life.

True a lot of crimes are solved by the suspects being arrested for other minor shyt like parking tickets :mjlol:

You've put another angle on it, investigative technology is the most advanced it has ever been but a nikka in the night with gloves can still get off scot free :ohhh:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
True a lot of crimes are solved by the suspects being arrested for other minor shyt like parking tickets :mjlol:

You've put another angle on it, investigative technology is the most advanced it has ever been but a nikka in the night with gloves can still get off scot free :ohhh:
exactly. You always hear about serial abductors and how they finally get caught 10-15 bodies later and its never because they were a suspect in any of the people's deaths its because after so much success they have that one sloppy moment and someone sees em. Or their house gets too hot (pun intended) with the bodies and someone smells something, or their dumping grounds gets discovered.

I mean what are the authorities to do if no one saw you get murdered/abducted and there was nothing connecting you to the perp?:wow:

Last edited:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
exactly, you always hear about serial abductors and how they finally get caught 10-15 bodies later and its never because they were a suspect in any of the people's deaths its because after so much success they have that one sloppy moment and someone sees em. or their house gets too hot (pun intended) with the bodies and someone smells something or their dumping grounds gets discovered.

I mean what are authorities to do if no one saw you get murdered or abducted and there was nothing connecting you to the perp?:wow:

:mjcry: scary.

this makes me think of the black dahlia. No one will ever know who did that to that poor girl.:(

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Last edited: