Being Black and Self-Sufficient

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I mentioned this around last year about going my own way after dealing with White institutions. I have been working for myself. I won't lie, it has been quite difficult seeing as my resources are not as great as I would have liked them to be, but I am maintaining currently and hopefully will see more growth in the future.

My profession is mostly swing trading with a bit of intraday trading (2 days out of the week if the markets agree with my strategy). And, so far, so good. I don't have to live with anyone and can survive on what I bring in (not much compared to what I would be making in industry), but I would say I am quite happier now than I was being the only Black guy in a sea of White people with White commentary on Black issues.

I think it is wise for Black people to learn a side-trade because working for White institutions is not only a head-ache but eventually you will be out of a job once a down-turn in the market takes place. I wasn't going to follow suit as so many other Black people I have seen throughout the years, so I took the time to learn a second skill-set that I now use as my primary source of income.

Any other Black people decide to go their own way and are able to sustain themselves?

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Its funny......

My mother was the play-it-safe type

She shytted on my business dreams everyday until she seen me move out the crib one day without warning & never come back.

Everyone is taught from young to "get a good job" as the primary way to live & they treat business as some "side hustle" or some "side bytch"

A job can be created just like it can be given.

People say entrepreneurs go out of business everyday.... I say, people lose their job every day

People say, starting your own business is too much work.......

I say, spending years studying just to work up under somebody is too much work.

I need that freedom to do as I please.

I dont respond well to authority.

I know I would be miserable working for somebody.

I was miserable working in the family business lol

Making $200 a week & seeing my pops get checks for $10-20k at a time.... I knew I couldnt do that working shyt for much longer.... I knew there was more to life.

I went thru multiple failed ideas before finally getting success.

It really does feel like being a runaway slave sometimes.

But with that freedom, comes extra responsibility. Youre responsible for yourself 100%.

You have to motivate yourself every single morning to go get that money.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I actually am past motivating myself. It has become rather routine for me at this point. But yeah, if you don't have the mental fortitude to be on your own and you need someone to tell you when to wake up and what to do, working for yourself is not going to work out. It takes a certain kind of person and attitude to do it.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Its funny......

My mother was the play-it-safe type

She shytted on my business dreams everyday until she seen me move out the crib one day without warning & never come back.

Everyone is taught from young to "get a good job" as the primary way to live & they treat business as some "side hustle" or some "side bytch"

A job can be created just like it can be given.

People say entrepreneurs go out of business everyday.... I say, people lose their job every day

People say, starting your own business is too much work.......

I say, spending years studying just to work up under somebody is too much work.

I need that freedom to do as I please.

I dont respond well to authority.

I know I would be miserable working for somebody.

I was miserable working in the family business lol

Making $200 a week & seeing my pops get checks for $10-20k at a time.... I knew I couldnt do that working shyt for much longer.... I knew there was more to life.

I went thru multiple failed ideas before finally getting success.

It really does feel like being a runaway slave sometimes.

But with that freedom, comes extra responsibility. Youre responsible for yourself 100%.

You have to motivate yourself every single morning to go get that money.

Damn low key can relate to your whole post.....every line.... worked for my dad and uncle and then branched out on my own and learned how hard it is to really work for yourself out here:wow:

but it is what it is, I wouldnt change it for the world and my dad/uncle still help and give advice when its needed so its all good.....we gon make it:salute::wow: