Ben Affleck Requested His Slave Owner Ancestor Be Censored From PBS' 'Finding Your Roots'

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I don't agree with them editing the information (if they did/do)
but real talk, I wouldn't care if Ben had a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather who was 99.99% african, Ben still is a shytty actor.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still don't get why he tried to weasel that part out. I mean I get it, but at the same time his mom did march in the civil rights movement. I know it doesn't right the wrongs of his ancestors, but it's more than other cacs who benefitted off of it did.

That guilt is a mufukka. :skip:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
white people don't want to admit their wealth came from slavery and to deny us reparations

they know if we received reparations blacks would take over the country because we are better than them at everything
we're the only group of people with a system in place designed to hinder us, that is the sole reason, we are a threat to their lively hoods

it's all already been written in law that blacks were to receive reparations, but they will never let us have them unless we fight for them by shedding their blood

and that's just the fact
s
make a thread about this breh. This is the type of stuff we need to know about.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I still don't get why he tried to weasel that part out. I mean I get it, but at the same time his mom did march in the civil rights movement. I know it doesn't right the wrongs of his ancestors, but it's more than other cacs who benefitted off of it did.

That guilt is a mufukka. :skip:

definitely wasn't guilt (in my opinion and I could be wrong) but alot of actors and actresses move into some form of politics once they tired of the movie scene. prime example, fukking ronald regan was in hollywood before he became president. so I personally think Ben wanted it hidden to not be a target for attack if he were to run for any seat or office. imagine how that would murk his image

Ben: "My Mother marched in the civil rights movement and I KNOW I'll be the best person to help out the disenfranchised Blacks of this great nation."
His Opponent: "But what about your ancest, Benjamin MyGrandKidIsGoingToBeAshyttyActorInTheFuture Affleck, who owned slaves?"
Ben: :dwillhuh:
Audience: :ohhh:
Jon Stewart: :mjlol:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
make a thread about this breh. This is the type of stuff we need to know about.

Know for what?
you know how wild our law books are?

There is NO LAW on the books stating we have to pay taxes, yet you'll get your ass locked up you miss a few years.
even had a guy from the IRS on capital hill getting grilled about something in which he responded "it's a voluntary system."
lol oh yea? so you saying I volunteer to pay you? lol.

laws don't mean shyt now-a-days
Money talks and bullshyt walks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
definitely wasn't guilt (in my opinion and I could be wrong) but alot of actors and actresses move into some form of politics once they tired of the movie scene. prime example, fukking ronald regan was in hollywood before he became president. so I personally think Ben wanted it hidden to not be a target for attack if he were to run for any seat or office. imagine how that would murk his image

Ben: "My Mother marched in the civil rights movement and I KNOW I'll be the best person to help out the disenfranchised Blacks of this great nation."
His Opponent: "But what about your ancest, Benjamin MyGrandKidIsGoingToBeAshyttyActorInTheFuture Affleck, who owned slaves?"
Ben: :dwillhuh:
Audience: :ohhh:
Jon Stewart: :mjlol:

Good point. :ehh:

Like you parents always told you, tell the truth. :manny:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Just editing history :snoop:
yep, and its been very effective too. The suppression of their evil acts throughout history has made us forget who our true enemy is. We have forgetten who is responsible for our current plight. Instead of hating the white man, we hate ourselves. They dont want things like slavery and Black Wallstreet to be discussed. They WANT us to forget. This current generation of youth is gonna be the most whitewashed group of blacks in history. Their sense of history is gonna be almost non-existant. We MUST pass down knowledge of not only our history but of whites also. Teach them about slavery, Black Wall Street and also what they did to the Native Americans. We cannot have a generation of blacks coming up thinking that racism is "dead" because they were not made aware of history and the true nature of white people.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
PBS goofed. Dat integrity mos def been compromised.:francis:

Sucks because I actually enjoy dat channel.

I know I caint be da only one in dis mufukka who be up on dat Masterpiece theatre, Ming Tsai, Dis Old House, Kimchi Chronicles, etc..

If y'all aint , y'all nikkas sleepin. :mjpls: