Ben Simmons - "They picked Kemba? His team is 7 games under us"

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps
What do you mean by the bolded tho my bruh? I could see and understand you saying that he’s the more complete pure scorer but PG?

You have to look at all the aspects of what makes a complete PG including specific intangibles which don't always show in the statistics.

Ben Simmons is not an elite or great ball handler.

Ben Simmons can't shoot worth shyt which limits open driving lanes & passing lanes for his teammates. Also Simmons poor shooting restricts his coach from utilizing him as focal point in crucial/end game situations either as a scorer or decoy.

Good PG's can also carry their team when there's a scoring drought or they're needed in clutch situation to tie or win a game, something Ben Simmons is incapable of doing thus far in his career.

Lets also factor in that Ben Simmons is a poor free throw shooter (the worst in the NBA among PG's) but he's also 7th among all PG's in total free throw attempts.

Ben Simmons also is a turnover machine averaging 3.7 Turnovers Per Game among PG's.
And Simmons is 4th in Personal Fouls Per Game among PG's & 1st in total Personal Fouls :damn:among all PG's which hinders the 76's by allowing other teams extra
opportunities to put points on the board

Patrick Beverly is all team defense and the same size as Kemba

Patrick Beverly's calling card into the league was/is his defense, but outside of his defensive prowess, he's an average, serviceable PG & not a complete, top tier PG like Kemba.

this sounds like an excuse for deficiencies in his game ....Elfrid Payton is 6’4” and can’t defend shyt ... I didn’t know simply being tall = being good on defense ... imo if a player is better at xyz therefore impacting more facets of the game than another player why not just give that guy credit for being able to do more instead of making cop outs for the other guy you have a personal affinity for?
:yeshrug:

:rudy: You can't eliminate Simmons size & height advantages which contribute to his defense & rebounding ability when you're the tallest PG in the history of the NBA weighing around 230lbs.

Last edited:
Daps
I don't like a rookie saying this but I think Simmons should be an All-Star.

Then again, Jamal Magloire made it over rookie LeBron. :russ:

... because they wanted a center. And now centers aren't even listed on the ballot.:mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok but in that 25-17 record how many of those games did Simmons play in? That's the point y'all missing, take Simmons out of the equation and with just Embid they below .500 too

Lol. When Embiid got hurt last year, the Sixers were within range of the 8th seed and were on an upward trajectory. If he got hurt again this season, the Sixers season would nosedive immediately just like it did last year

Simmons obviously isn’t a non-factor to the team’s success but as I said, they go as Embiid goes. Maybe in the future it won’t be that way but right now it is :manny:

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
When that weakness prevents your offense from contributing to winning consistently winning games then its a hell of a weakness.

And to be straight up, we don't even 'need' his rebounding either because Charlotte's been a top defensive rebounding team in the league for several years now. I appreciate the Dwight stanning tho :ehh: He's a good guy

3 years from now if he's NOT an all-star then people would be disappointed.

refusing to ride simmons nuts ain't hating though breh

:mjlol: stopped reading right here
How was I stanning Dwight? Just disagreeing with you makes me a stan?

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
In general yes. I thought Bron and Melo should've made it their rookie seasons.

I remember when Tracy was the man and LeBron came in straight out of high school. There was one play LeBron attacked him from the wing and left Tracy shaking his head

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Is Ben aware he can't shoot from 15ft away from the rim yet? He will be there soon but yes Kemba deserved it over him

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'll anoint him when he gets a jump-shot.

Dude can either be LeBron or Tyreke Evans. :francis:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Im convinced most these nikkas hating dont watch Ben Simmons and just saying anything for daps:manny:

3 years from now...this thread is gonna have a lot of :mjlol: posts in them.

We're not talking about 3 years from now, Mitchell has been the more impactful player this year, he is the man on the Jazz and without him this year they would be in the basement. They lean on him like he's a vet and his play is a large reason why they were able to stay afloat while Gobert was out.

Because of his size yeah Simmons has the higher ceiling, but this is about who has been playing better to this point, and it's been Mitchell.

Ok but in that 25-17 record how many of those games did Simmons play in? That's the point y'all missing, take Simmons out of the equation and with just Embid they below .500 too

:wtf: The Sixers were in the playoff hunt with Embiid on a minutes restriction last season, they fell apart when he was done for the season. You cannot in any way try and paint the Sixers out to being an equal 50/50 between Simmons and Embiid, they are Joels team and while Simmons is good the Sixers offense AND defense is built around Embiid and their record without him reflects that fact. They actually did win their only game this year without Simmons in a blow out.

Ben's a talent, but Embiid is the generational player and unless Ben can learn how to shoot there's only 1 generational player on the Sixers.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:wtf: The Sixers were in the playoff hunt with Embiid on a minutes restriction last season, they fell apart when he was done for the season. You cannot in any way try and paint the Sixers out to being an equal 50/50 between Simmons and Embiid, they are Joels team and while Simmons is good the Sixers offense AND defense is built around Embiid and their record without him reflects that fact. They actually did win their only game this year without Simmons in a blow out.

Ben's a talent, but Embiid is the generational player and unless Ben can learn how to shoot there's only 1 generational player on the Sixers.
No one said they were equal but you take Simmons out of the equation and just have Embid they not making the playoffs. You not convincing no one with a 31 game sample