Besides online militancy...what exactly are you doing in real life that helps black people?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Educationally, financially or personally?
KlutzyRealGyrfalcon-small.gif

Last edited:

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
donating to black charities
shopping at black businesses
creating a stable black family
helping any black person I can

there is only so much an individual can do. If we all did these things as a community we would be unstoppable.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
I don’t know if I consider myself a “coli militant” but support Black businesses and non profits, bought my home in a Black, gentrifying neighborhood, mentor Black youth, raising a Black family, train people on how to have productive and real conversations about race, used to chair an organization that focused on giving Black parents voice and autonomy, educating myself and thinking critically daily, thinking about running for local office...

Daps
Reppin
I don’t know if I consider myself a “coli militant” but support Black businesses and non profits, bought my home in a Black, gentrifying neighborhood, mentor Black youth, raising a Black family, train people on how to have productive and real conversations about race, used to chair an organization that focused on giving Black parents voice and autonomy, educating myself and thinking critically daily, thinking about running for local office...
:salute:

I myself along with some neighborhood parents will be members of an after school class for the next five months starting next week, teaching black teens who're transitioning to college the importance of being financially intellect, responsibilities and building wealth over time...its kinda like group economics.

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I coached youth football from 08-15. Had to give it up after I had my daughter, but Im still around the program when I can be.

Besides mentoring young men, we did Christmas drives, back to school events for them, and whenever something would happen would team up and help folks out. Like clothes drives, food drives, etc. Single Moms coming home and finding their stuff sitting on the lawn due to an eviction, or an apt fire, etc. 5 levels of football, with about 5 coaches a piece, plus team Moms, and Cheer Coaches all pitching in to help a family/child out in a time of need. Its great.

Got some kids to travel around the country too.

I didn't make this particular trip, but we had kids 12U+ travel to Vegas for a tournament. Hell, I still haven't been to Vegas.

Even more, coaching ball keeps our youth off the street, via practice, games, team building events, and simple ish like hanging out at a coach house for the weekend.

That's probably my biggest contribution.

I try to get as many black people I know, or come in contact with to think more about lowering cost, saving, and investing. Just being more financially stable overall.

Last thing, I try to do, that I actually think goes a lil unnoticed, but helps out tremendously, is getting people to actually talk about their plans and goals in life. A Lot of folks have surface layer ideas that are really good that can lead to something with just a bit more thought and push behind it.

Those types of convos are great, because it not only get their brains flowing, it makes mine flow as well.

Daps
Reppin
Better yet... What are some solutions to our gaps in communication?
A wise black man once told me that...

Maturity is when you are capable of leaving prior beef/tension in the past so you can grow into a better person and in turn, better relationships will be the result.

Peace and blessings.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
:salute:

I myself along with some neighborhood parents will be members of an after school class for the next five months starting next week, teaching black teens who're transitioning to college the importance of being financially intellect, responsibilities and building wealth over time...its kinda like group economics.
My mans with the humble brag thread. I see you. :mjgrin:
I do some volunteering and mentoring. I don’t mind helping the youth