Best careers / jobs for working remote, telecommuting, etc...

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I can't remember if I've already posted this thread in the past, but I'm wondering if anyone on here works remotely or from home, full time? Whether it's working for someone else, or working for yourself...

I have a great job that I love right now, been here for a little less than 3 years, and definitely want to stay here for a while ... but ultimately long term I want to transition into something with more flexibility. My current gig requires me to be on-site 35 hours a week. As much as I love it and love my coworkers, long term I want to be able to do something where I don't have to worry about commuting, riding the subway, etc... and also have the option to travel and work while I do so. My commute isn't even half as bad as it could be...but the subway has gotten worse and worse and worse and I can't picture myself doing that 5-10 years from now. I'd one myself if I had to.

Also, when I mean travel, I'm not talking about pipe-dreaming of a 6 figure gig where I can just post up on the beach for 4-5 hours a day with a laptop (although that'd be nice lmao). I'm thinking that if I wanted to go take a trip to visit family/friends, I can do so and not cut into PTO, vacation days, etc.. my parents are getting older and I'd love to be able to go spend more time with them (they're in florida half the year), my sister moved half-way across the country and I'd love to be able to go see her too.

Does anyone have a job where they work 100% remotely? If so, can I pick your brain?

I've done a little research on the topic and have read some lists on what options are viable. The first thing on everyone's list is coding and developing. But I know how saturated this game is. Coding is shaping up to be the future's low-paid manual labor type of gig. I have a background in coding too, one of my first jobs was doing Unix shell scripting :flabbynsick: way back in the day when I was 16 years old. It wouldn't take a lot for me to pick up and learn a new language. Everyone says Python but it just looks like the game is so damn saturated

I was thinking Salesforce development (I've never used Salesforce in my life lmao) or software sales?

Where should I start looking and what should I start doing to make this transition? :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
If you got a STEM degree be a Patent Examiner. Only catch is that you have to stay in the office for a year or two to know the ropes before they cut you loose.